Question for Edinboro owners?

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I am almost at the point were I need to buy new control cables (shift/throttle). Can anyone out there who has a 1967 or newer Edinboro tell me what length cables they have?

I've measured for mine, and know it's going to be either a 14 or 15 footer. I've also Googled most websites on the net. Some say, add 3ft. and others say add 4' With that said, I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I'd like to narrow those odds if possible. Besides, returning stuff is always a hassle if I'm wrong:(

Thanks Guys!
PS...... I'm running a Merc, and the connections are on the Port side

Last edited:

mr 88

Commander
Re: Question for Edinboro owners?

What is the measurement of the old ones? If they fit correctly why not get the same length.

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey JT
Thanks for the reply. Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing! Sold the old Evinrude, controls and all last spring. Never giving it a thought about the control cables. (duh). Was hoping someone with a similar MFG might be able to help me out. Gonna try to do a "mock up" with Romex to see if I can get a better idea of the lenghts.

mr 88

Commander

www.teleflexmarine.com took me a minute of bumping around but found a video of how to measure control cables.Sorry I do not know how to cut copy paste or whatever it is you can do to link it to here.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

www.teleflexmarine.com took me a minute of bumping around but found a video of how to measure control cables.Sorry I do not know how to cut copy paste or whatever it is you can do to link it to here.

I was about to suggest visiting the Teleflex site! I think that should do it for him...