Q&A 1/15-1/22

LadyFish

Admiral
1. What was your first job?<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br />3. What was your first car?<br />4. What was your first boat?<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die?<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television?<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br />10. What talent would you most like to have?

one more cast

Captain
Re: Q&A 1/15-1/22

1. What was your first job?<br /> 1a. summers on a farm as a kid. then building Ethan Allen furniture.<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br /> 2a. Maybe working in auto design.<br />3. What was your first car?<br /> 3a. '62 citroen ds19<br />4. What was your first boat? <br /> 4a.an old 14' glass with a 3.5 firestone.Never put it in the water.<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br /> 5a. My Dad<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood? <br /> 6a.My Dad<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die? <br /> 7a.Hawaii<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television? <br /> 8a. ???<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br /> 9a. we all can change things in this world.<br />10. What talent would you most like to have?<br /> 10a. To be a good singer.

NathanY

Commander

1. Worked as a sack boy for Winn Dixie grocery store.<br />2. To be a Game Warden<br />3. 1984 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4<br />4. 1970 Ranger w/50hp Johnson<br />5. My stepfather, nearly killed me when he died.<br />6. Football<br />7. Egypt, to the Giza Plateau<br />8. The Fall Guy<br />9. Lying politicians (both sides)<br />10. Art, to be able to draw.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

1. What was your first job?<br />Taking care of ponies @ a Pony rink for 50 cents a day...loved it ('cept for the "shovel detail").<br /><br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br />Movie critic and part-time wine taster. :) <br /><br />3. What was your first car?<br />1954 Ford 1/2ton PU. Was SRD Orange.<br /><br />4. What was your first boat?<br />One I built out of plywood. More-resembled a feeding tub.<br /><br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br />My borther, Tim. I look-up to him to this day, even tho he is a flamin liberal.<br /><br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?<br />No constant aches and pains .<br /><br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die?<br />Australia<br /><br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television?<br />60 minutes (just jivin ya).<br />Rush Limbaugh's show<br /><br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br />Global climate.<br /><br />10. What talent would you most like to have?<br />Top Marksmanship.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. What was my first job?<br />Sold newspapers on the street.<br />2. If I could choose my dream job what would it be? <br />Teaching teachers how to teach. Did that. Most fun I ever had with my clothes on.<br />3. What was my first car?<br />1936 Ford 2D "coach".<br />4. What was my first boat?<br />Homemade Jon.<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on my life growing up?<br />My Mom.<br />6. What do I miss most about my childhood?<br />Feeling immortal and invulnerable.<br />7. Where is the one place I would like to travel to before I die?<br />Been there, here.<br />8. What show from the past would I like to see back on TV?<br />"All Creatures Great and Small".<br />9. If I could change one thing in the world, what would it be?<br />Burn our garbage in our cars.<br />10. What talent would I most like to have?<br />Happy with what I Have.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey JB, with all your posts and your self admitted years I thought your first job was as cabin boy on the Mayflower! :D ;) :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

1. What was your first job? - Paper Boy<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be? - Captain of a marine research vessel<br />3. What was your first car? - 1949 Chevy hearse<br />4. What was your first boat? - 1965 Texas Maid<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up? My mother<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood? - Being able to get up in the morning and do whatever I wanted and go anywhere in town without worries about anything<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die? - Australia<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television? - ?<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be? - People's "hurray for me, to hell with you attitude"<br />10. What talent would you most like to have? Better mechanical abilities, I'm tired of costly screw-ups!

aspeck

Staff member

1. What was your first job?<br /><br />Workin' at the car wash, yeah! got a buck and hour, worked 13 hours a day, I was 11, and Dad was the owner! That was BIG bucks!<br /><br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br /><br />Workin' at the car wash, Yeah! Well, not really. Doing what I am doing. I feel very blessed.<br /><br />3. What was your first car?<br /><br />A 1972 2 dr. Pontiac Ventura with 115,000 miles on it. It was gold, then I banged the front fender and replaced it with a green Bonneville fender. It became my "Venaville." Man, that car would run!<br /><br />4. What was your first boat?<br /><br />12 foot aluminum john boat with 3.9 hp merc that I inherited from my Grandpa - "Grandpa's fishin' boat"<br /><br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br /><br />Dad and Grandpa<br /><br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?<br /><br />The innocence of that time. Could be out from morning till night and no one worried. Didn't know what crime or child abuse was.<br /><br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die?<br /><br />The more I travel, the more I want to just go home! Would like to see Hawaii, Alaska, and Australia some time.<br /><br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television?<br /><br />Rockford Files - he drove a great car and was always getting beat up. Rocky had the right idea, "Let's go fishing, Jim."<br /><br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br /><br />That we could all live together in peace an harmony and stop the fighting that is in the world. Thank you, and I hope you pick me for the next Miss Universe.<br /><br />10. What talent would you most like to have?<br /><br />there are so many - to learn foriegn languages easily, to sing, to play multiple instruments, to hit a baseball far enough that some idiot would pay me 27 million dollars a year to come to the plate 3 times a night for less than 1/2 a year, etc.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. What was your first job?<br />Delivered newspapers on a bicycle.<br /><br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br />A submarine Captain.<br /><br />3. What was your first car?<br />1949 Dodge 4 door.<br /><br />4. What was your first boat?<br />A 10' jon, yea that was an adventure.<br /><br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br />My Dad<br /><br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?<br />My friends, most are gone now.<br /><br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die?<br />MOON<br /><br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television?<br />Dragnet<br /><br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br />Stop all the wars and killing<br /><br />10. What talent would you most like to have?<br />Captain of a submarine

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1. Little league field grounds keeper. <br />2. Own my own boat company, building small, diesel powered, inboard sportfishers... I'd be a "hands on" owner..<br />3. 79 ford f-100<br />4. 12' aluminum V, with a 5hp gamefisher.<br />5. Dad..<br />6. Fishing with my Dad..<br />7. So many places... EVERYWHERE.. :) <br />8. Northern exposure...<br />9. Immediately expell all non-native Floridians from the state..<br />10. Aside from chop-sticks, which I can play :D , I'd like to be able to play the piano so I could play the end part of Layla...

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

1. What was your first job?<br />A. Grew up raising race horses...guess<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br />A. Bush pilot<br />3. What was your first car?<br />A. 69 conv. cougar<br />4. What was your first boat?<br />A. 10 foot john boat<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br />A. Grandfather.<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?<br />A. Being young.<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die?<br />A. Alaska.<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television?<br />A. Grizzly Adams.<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br />A. Protect the children from all the sickoes.<br />10. What talent would you most like to have?<br />A. Draw something other than stick men.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

1. What was your first job?<br />*Dish washer at a chain resteraunt<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br />* professional poker player<br />3. What was your first car?<br />* white MGB ragtop...chrome bumpers..lever shocks suck man<br />4. What was your first boat?<br />* foam sunfish sailboat hull...swiped it...<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br />*mom & pop<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?<br />*summer break from school adventures!<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die?<br />*private invite to party at the Playboy mansion<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television?<br />*bonanza<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br />*the perception that Americans are infidels<br />10. What talent would you most like to have?<br />*ability to forcast lottery numbers for my personal gain

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

1. What was your first job?<br /> Farm hand<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br /> I am doing it<br />3. What was your first car?<br /> 1974 Gran Torino Elite<br />4. What was your first boat?<br /> 1977 Imperial tri hull<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br /> Uncle<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?<br /> Being a child.<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die?<br /> Anyplace at all. <br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television?<br /> No opinion<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br /> Life is too serious, everyone would be able to relax and enjoy life more.<br />10. What talent would you most like to have?

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1. Paper route<br />2. The one I have now,Fish & Game<br />3. 1954 Oldsmobile<br />4. The one I have now. (raising six kids there wasn't much money left for dad)<br />5. Mom<br />6. The simplisity<br />7. The open ocean,England where my mom grew up<br />8. The Life of Riley<br />9. A liberals mind<br />10. That's a good question

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

1. What was your first job?<br />Babysitting. First real job with a paycheck, Whataburger.<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br />Doing what I'm doing... Independent Study teaching. Its rewarding and boy is there a need for it! <br />3. What was your first car? 1982 Toyota Tercel(I still have it, 294,000 miles).<br />4. What was your first boat?Mine is my 12 ft. alumimum boat.<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up? My Aunt Wilma. A strong woman with determination.<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood? None of it. I like adulthood.<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die? The Holy land. But I'm sure it won't happen. Too dangerous.<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television? I have no idea.<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be? More contentment among all. Be happy with what you do have.<br />10. What talent would you most like to have? A talent in drawing/painting. I have none.

Stratosfied

Ensign

1.Worked with a man down the street who owned a Janitoral Service, and we cleaned a 6 floor Bank Building each night. <br />2.Toss up between a meterologist or a lawyer, My wife says I could argue with a stump.<br />3. 1968 Chevy Impala,327 powerglide, man that thing had some big seats in it!<br />4. 1995 Stratos 258V with a 70 Johnson.<br />5. My Dad, his word was the law.<br />6. I went to 20 different schools, as Dad was in the Army and we moved alot. Missed being more Stable.<br />7. The Grand Canyon.<br />8. Crime Story<br />9. Fair and Equal Taxation<br />10. To become an author.

nothreat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1. What was your first job? Stripping Tobacco<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be? Fishing tackle tester<br />3. What was your first car? 1959 Chevy Belair<br />4. What was your first boat? 1961 14' Starcraaft<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up? My Dad<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?Not being responsible for anyone but me<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die? New Zealand<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television? Barney Miller<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be? Fewer Handouts<br />10. What talent would you most like to have? Being able to play guitar

LadyFish

Admiral

1. What was your first job?<br /> Candy Stripper<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be?<br /> Boat Captain<br />3. What was your first car?<br /> Barracuda not sure the year <br />4. What was your first boat?<br /> Grandpa's handemade wooden boat<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up?<br /> Grandpa<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood?<br /> Playing in the woods and on the water out at <br /> camp<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die?<br /> Around the world on a tall ship<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television?<br /> China Beach<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?<br /> To rid the world of every kind of corruption<br />10. What talent would you most like to have?<br /> To have a singing voice that gives people goose bumps

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. What was your first job? Drug store soda jerk<br />2. If you could choose your dream job what would it be? Permanently RETIRED :D <br />3. What was your first car? 1959 Rambler<br />4. What was your first boat? 12' Sears Jon<br />5. What person had the biggest influence on your life growing up? Dad<br />6. What do you miss most about your childhood? Youth<br />7. Where is the one place you would like to travel before you die? Nowhere - traveled enough<br />8. What show from the past would you like to see back on television? With cable they're all back! I'd like to see new MASH shows<br />9. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be? Folks' negative attitudes<br />10. What talent would you most like to have? Musical