Putting On A Swim Platform

RODERICK328

Cadet
I Just Go A 51 Inch By 17 Inches Wide Platform And I Was Going To Put It On. I Took My Boat Down To Find Out Where My Water Line Was Because I Just Got The Boat 2 Months Ago And I Know Nothing Yet About This Boat Because I Am In The Process Of Rebuilding Engine Because The Last Owner Crack The Block. So I Want To Install The Platform. My One Buddy Wants Me To Stick The Platform Were The Green Line Shows And I Want To Stick It Were The Purple Line Is And The Red Line Is The Water Line Is. He Told Me To Stick It Up There So When You Take Off On Plaine Your Platform Won't Be In The Water. But I Want It On The Purple Line Because Now I Have My Anchor Light On Top Of The Platform. I Found A Pic Of A Boat Identicle To Mine So I Did An Example On What We Are Trying To Figure Out. We Don't Now The Pitch Of The Boat When You Are Taking Off. How Hi Should I Have My Platform ?. MY BOAT DOES NOT HAVE ANY PLATFORMS ON AT ALL THIS PIC IS JUST AN EXAMPLE

Attachments

• 1981 SAMPLE SWIMPLATFORM.JPG
    1981 SAMPLE SWIMPLATFORM.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 0

badltl510

Recruit
Re: Putting On A Swim Platform

I would install it where the one is in that pic. You will need to cut it out around the outdrive but you can hinge that section so when the outdrive is down the cut out section can fold down.