Purchasing 2nd Boat: Jet or Stern Drive?

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Hey Jim no offense, but ya didn't do your self any favors posting a pic of the boat. The swim deck without the extra OB didn't have 75% left. Maybe 50% w/o extra OB
I had that thought before I posted, but did so anyway. Maybe the pic doesn't describe the true space because of the angle. As a matter of fact, when I fish off the stern, or simple dangle my feet in the water, I sit right in front of the Kicker. It's imply a comfortable spot.

The reason for the pic was to show how cool it looks.

Besides, laying on the padded lounge is so much more comfortable than laying on the hard swim deck. Besides, with my custom made shade (not shown in the pic) you can lay out in the sun or shade as your mood changes.

Bob Sander

Petty Officer 2nd Class
To each their own. I have both an i/o and an o/b and the i/o definitely offers a vastly cleaner, more unobstructed platform to the water. Less noise as well.

On the other side of the coin o/b's are so much easier to work with. I don't have to take a dive to clear weeds, less sinking risk, and so much easier to perform a winter layup.

As for OP's question...
I don't like jets at all. Harder to maneuver at slow speeds. Harder to clear obstructions from the impeller, can't effectively change the prop to match conditions, less efficient.... Every time I think of a jet, I shake my head and ask..... why?