Puppies

jcsercsa

Captain
Hi guys , Today my baby . penny , 2 year old vizsla , she gave birth to 8 puppies !!!! OHHHH MAN What did I do ??? lol John

GetAttachment.jpg

trendsetter240

Lieutenant
Re: Puppies

Awesome! You're in for a world of fun now :)

I love those dogs (Vizslas). I have a 9 month old german shepherd and we were at the dog park with a Vizsla last weekend. Those suckers can really run!

gonefishie

Commander

and a whole lotta cleaning up..why's the string around their neck? to tell which is which?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I have had one encounter with a Vizsla. It was the the most energetic dog I have ever met. The thought of 8 of those running around makes me tired just thinking about it! They sure are cute!

QC

Supreme Mariner

We helped manage a litter of 12 Chocolate Labs last year with a friend. Yes, the strings were the only way to keep them straight with their birth order, weights etc. all info the Vet will want and it helps you track who is gaining weight or who might need some extra help . . .

I have had a Vizsla experience as well, I am just surprised there aren't more "what did you call that?" posts here. Way cool on the litter!!

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats, John. I am glad you are as far away as you are ... my daughter would be after me like stink on a skunk to get one of them for her!

jcsercsa

Captain

Thanks Guys !!!

Thing are going good , all the puppies are a hand full !! the runt even gained a oz !!!! the wife got a bunch of pics i will get up later !! Callie sleep with them last night , well till Tina got up at 4;30 and she went to bed and i laid down with them !!! man my back will never be the same again !! I made the whelping box 5x3 and i am a little bigger then the 5 foot !!! ooowww !!lol

And theres 10 total , Mom and Dad , 8 puppies !!!!!!!!!!! OK pics later !! John

PS there is 6 boys and 2 girls !!!!!!!!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Cool puppies. Can't let Mrs Ken see this as she will be over to get a couple of them !!!

QC

Supreme Mariner

This litter of 12 needed 24-7 for a long time. I would go over to our friend's house and work from there while she ran errands etc. just to watch them.

2dtztah.jpg

They were dang near perfect, and each fetched over $800. Well she kept one of these four.

2vhx4pc.jpg

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer

YES !!! THE PUPPY POST !!! This needs it's own forum here.

I raise Saints. These are my last litter.

Attachments

• PUPS.JPG
    PUPS.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PUPSEAT.JPG
    PUPSEAT.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BOXPUP.JPG
    BOXPUP.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 0

jcsercsa

Captain

Well guys were all tired around here , so only 2 pics tonight !! John

DSC06990.jpg

DSC07015.jpg

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i miss raising pups and kittens. but when you take rescues, you have no choice, they are already fixed. all of mine are in someway a rescue.

gonefishie

Commander

YES !!! THE PUPPY POST !!! This needs it's own forum here.

I raise Saints. These are my last litter.

I want a St. Bernard but reluctant to get one because they get so big. I have this mental image of Bethoven shaking his head and saliva went everywhere. And all that hair, do they shed much? What's the pros and cons of having a St. Bernard.?

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer

This is jcserca's post. I just threw my 2 cents in.
I will start a new thread to answer.

Good Luck jcserca !

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

A . . B . .C . . Deez puppies?

L . . M . . N . . O . puppies!

O . . S . . A . . R,

C . . M . . P . . N!

I know, what a groaner!:D

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We raise German Shepherds. Our last litter was of 10. 5 boys and 5 girls. Whole lotta mess and very little sleep. All 10 made it and are in various parts of Illinois and Wisconsin.
Shakiralitterofpups001.jpg

misc005.jpg

100_8248.jpg

And we also "mark" our pups with different colored ribbon to identify them. That way our puppy customers get the pup they picked out and we get them the correct AKC papers, health papers and other paperwork.

Last edited:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

itsaboattime, in the second picture, she looks like she is saying, " will you please find these kids another home".

jcsercsa

Captain

HAHAHAHA Yea she does doesn't she TD !!! lol mine was trying to tell me that also !! we got a wiener !! hes wingeing when hes eating and when hes not ????????? Ohh we lost the runt yesterday , he was going good the day before ??? they all got there tails docked and there dew claws clipped yesterday also !! the vet said they all are fat and happy !!!! pics later John

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Shakira is a great mom. She busted her butt with those lil guys. At 4 weeks she said "enough" and she weaned them.

jcsercsa, Best of luck with your lil ones. They look like they will be great dogs!! I hope you find good homes for all of them.

skargo

Banned

I love puppies. I haven't had a litter around for many years.

Here's our current boy Whopper when we brought him home at 8 weeks,
P6020068.JPG

And the big galoot now! This was at a Walk and Wag-a-thon we walked in to benefit our local Humane Society a couple weeks ago.

12154_353718055651_554955651_9788592_2549647_n.jpg