ProV150 No start

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: ProV150 No start

Sorry, I should have realized that it did not need the battery voltage to run.

I am out of ideas

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

99yamaha, some engine do, just not this pro V.
some engines if the CDI unit loses 12V they go into bypass mode, other simply shut down pumps and injectors, just depends on what your working on.

Laser87

Cadet

Rodbolt, I pulled the pink wire and grounded it, the alarm sounded. I pulled the kill switch and cranked the engine, the alarm did not sound.

Thanks for the help.

Now I need to work on the overheating problem.

Laser87

Cadet

This is a follow up to the trouble I had in the fall of 2010.

The boat was removed from storage, washed up and I ordered two new thermostats and installed them June 2011. Started the engine on the ear muffs. It started and ran fine, sounded good. Finally launched the boat on my beach. Walked it out and put it in the hoist, no time for a ride. Finally, on July 2, took the boat out for a ride. Idled out into deeper water, pedal to the metal, Engine revved up and started to plane out. Engine bogged, lost power and died. Restarted engine, same thing happened.

Removed and inspected the fuel pumps, they looked OK. Removed the carbs, disassembled, they were clean, no debris, corrosion or foreign material in them.
Started to drain the on-board fuel tank, no fuel would come out end of hose (removed fitting for fuel system to engine), drained fuel tank through the hole for the fuel gage. Removed tank, the screen in the suction tube in the tank had debris in it. Fuel was blocked off and could not get to engine during hard use.

Used the 6 gallon fuel tank from my 15 Hp, Merc as a temporary fuel tank. Engine ran strong and would run at full throttle.

I hope this may help someone else in the future.

Bob Gilvary

Petty Officer 1st Class

See what happens when you start with the basics. Spark, compression, and fuel.