FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I don't know what I used when I had one of those engines (but mine was a Rude). I didn't want the prop loose and the shaft and nut were large so I got a big wrench and got her on good and tight....never had a problem.
My current 90 hp Merc has about the same size shaft and nut and is spec'd at 55 Ft/lbs which feels like about what I would have used (common sense thing) on my 70 hp.
Thanks, for the torque specs. Have you guys ever run a hustler alluminum prop before? I have one coming, hope to gain some performance from the old Glastron.