FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Volvo says for 280DP, 290DP and DP:
0,0027" max runout gauged from the outer (tubular) to the inner shaft.
0,0012" slack when pressed the inner- towards the outer shaft.
You'd be surprised what your eyes can see.
Remove the prop and start it up.
Put it in gear and see if it has ANY wobble.
I was doing a LU service on one of my motors.
I removed the prop and greased the splines.
For some reason I spun the prop and noticed a big wobble.
Luckily it was just the prop and I had a spare.
Somehow the hub/ prop slipped or I hit something and it moved???