Prop for Bayliner

Brucet1971

Cadet
I have a 1993 Bayliner Capri 2050 (no cuddly). Mercruiser I/O 3L. What would the factory prop for this be?

airshot

Vice Admiral
None....props were an option depending on what the boat is used for and how it was going to be used. What is on it now....and what is the max rpm at wot ??

Brucet1971

Cadet
None....props were an option depending on what the boat is used for and how it was going to be used. What is on it now....and what is the max rpm at wot ??
Not sure of what is on it now. I’ll have to get the numbers and see. Just got the boat recently. Actually hit a stump yesterday and I like it bent one of the blades. It is a three blade bolt. Does about 35 at wide-open throttle 4000 RPM.

Brucet1971

Cadet
Not sure of what is on it now. I’ll have to get the numbers and see. Just got the boat recently. Actually hit a stump yesterday and I like it bent one of the blades. It is a three blade bolt. Does about 35 at wide-open throttle 4000 RPM.
Overall for 20 foot boat of this weed. The one thing that I could desire for is a little better steering at low speed

Brucet1971

Cadet
OK, so the # on it is 1511-148-17. Looks like 14.8 inch by 17 pitch. Use the boat for lake and river cruising.

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If WOT is only 4,000 RPM it was likely the wrong prop.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
There isn’t a prop that will stop a planing short hull with an outdrive, wanting to wander at slow speed. If that’s the problem you are trying to solve. Just takes a little preemptive counter steering at the wheel. The effect is lessened considerably, if you have the outdrive trimmed down to a neutral angle. Effect is hugely amplified, when the drive is trimmed out (or up too far).
You’re likely perhaps owning a set up that may not have power steering either, given she has the 3.0 engine ?

airshot

Vice Admiral
My Islander had wander in it as well, if you find the sweet spot, it will move back and forth all on its own without touching the wheel ! I used to tease my grandkids with my majic steering without touching the steering wheel.