Project Triumph's

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Project Triumph's

I still got a limp on cold days from a mate's '53 thunderbird.<br /><br />Kickstart ratchet slipped halfway down a particularly hard kick and I turned my knee the wrong way.<br /><br /><br />I do love Triumph's Meriden bikes!

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not exactly my kind of TR6, but way cool! Good luck on the restoration!<br /><br />I'm a brit car nut (whitworth, even ;) )... here's my baby:<br /><br />
tr6.jpg

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

OMC<br /><br />My business partner is a member of the Triumph owners club, I mentioned you bikes to him.<br /><br />He's asked me to tell you that if you get stuck for any bits just give me a shout and he'll source them here for you.

one more cast

Captain

Thanks all. That t120 is is not going to be restored. Its going to be a Low down, Loud and Nasty Cop Magnet. :D LOL at Pascal. Most of the bikes I've redone in the past were always "to good" for me to ruin but this t120 has nothing left to ruin so I don't have to hold back my creative juices. Progress report: the garage is cleaned out. I put one good thing in every box of junk and made everybody buy (most of the stuff I gave away) the whole box to get the thing they wanted. I have also been running wire so I can get some power in the garage.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

:) Nice one OMC, anything that's a cop magnet is gonna get my vote anyday.<br />You gonna go the hi-comp pistons/hot cam and biiiig amals route with her too?<br /><br />If you wanna get better HP from it have you read the book "four stroke tuning in theory and in practice" by A. Graham Bell? It's quite old and has some specs in there that aren't readily available from manuals. Also has stuff in there on tuned lengths/widths for exhausts and intake/exhaust tract modification. A most useful piece of literature indeed.<br /><br />Shame you ain't over here-I've got a set of 36mm amal mk2's with big turned alloy stacks sat here doing nothing from the g/f's ex dragbike xs650-though I suspect you'd have to get it to do 10k rpm to make them work properly.