Pro lifers and soldiers.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Pro lifers and soldiers.

mikeandronda, <br /><br />here is an extract from how the pill works, one of the most common forms of contreception in the western world and happens in 10% of cycles a woman has. Therefore if you want to make abortion illegal you need also to make that form of contraception illegal otherwise what you are saying is abortion upto 7 days is acceptable but over 7 days isnt. Its gets complicated doesnt it?<br /><br />
<br />Does this mean the Pill can cause an early abortion?<br /><br />Yes. Preventing the newly conceived life in its embryonic stage from being transported to the uterus and preventing implantation in the wall of the uterus are the "abortifacient" properties of the Pill.<br />

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

It is complicted, Im not sure what they are saying...Is it 10 percent of the woman basicly get pregnant but lose the babies when they are on the pill? To say well since its possable to kill a 7 day old embryo in 10 percent of women takeing the pill should be considered the same as aborting a 1-9 month old fetus is absurd. Im sorry if I offend anybody but I believe at the very milisecond of conception there is life.....innocent life. Im not into takeing anybodys freedom away but I feel that is what a mother is doing as they abort a living human being 1 cell or millions of them it is a human.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Not at all Chris, no offense what so ever. Those stats are a bit disturbing to me.Makes me wonder about a few things thats for sure, but to try not to hijack this thread Warfare and abortion are two totally different things and I have to wonder why someone who I thought was in the service would even have to ask this question and then not even responding to others who posted. I am hoping he is just not around to respond and not just trolling.

cmyers_uk

mikeandronda,<br /><br />What Im saying is that basically in 10% of the months a women is taking the pill, assuming obviously they are having sex etc they will in effect get pregnant and have a chemical abortion, as is the function of the pill. I totally agree it is not the same as a 1 - 9 month old fetus and that is my point its not black and white its complicated and depends on circumstances. Its a very emotive subject and I hope I havent offended you.

cmyers_uk

Agree I find it offensive to try and associate the soldier fighting and risking his life for his country to a person who aborts a baby especially given the times we are living in at the moment.

voodoo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br /> First off, Voodoo weather you want to believe it or not, Gods law does trump all laws, so will his judgement, But we will have to wait to see that fufilled. Second Chris Making abortion illegal would save millons of babies each yr....if prostitution was legal it would be everywere and besides its a little different thing to have two consenting adults choose their own fates by gambiling with disease and crime.
Well put.<br />We will agree to disagree.<br />Religion and politics, I sure I have better things to do.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I do respect these answers one by one.Did I ever kill a baby when I was a soldier? The sad answer is yes.My own feelings about abortion are mixed up.I support it to save the mothers life.I would hate to see my own born or unborn child die.The quakers found a solution.They are willing to serve but unwilling to carry a gun.Anyone who sincerely believes in the right to live,must have a hard time taking a life.This was neither meant to be a troll,nor an attack on anti abortion groups.<br />The taking of a life is more serious than just that one life.It means the taking of the lifes of all the descendants that this person might have had.In that sort of question there is no room for taunting other peoples feelings or beliefs

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Rolmops, I think it is a different to abort a child to save the mother then to make it ok for what ever reason the mother wants. Man this is a tough issue to try and figure out but I know with my heart that many terrable and bad things happen in war but it is not what I consider murder. Abortion is the taking of a innocent life for selfish reasons only to benifit the mother and or father. That to me is just wrong.

oddjob

Commander

Rolmops, your a hard one to figure. All I can say is peace. :confused: