Pro lifers and soldiers.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
I am not sure if there are any,but is it possible to be a pro lifer and at the same time join the armed forces in a fighting unit? What if a pro life soldier shoots a man? Can you give some ideas and opinions about this thorny question?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pro lifers and soldiers.

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> I am not sure if there are any,but is it possible to be a pro lifer and at the same time join the armed forces in a fighting unit? What if a pro life soldier shoots a man? Can you give some ideas and opinions about this thorny question?
Rolmops, I'd call this a troll or if you can't figure out the difference between a soldier killing an enemy and a so called doctor killing an unborn, innocent child, then I feel real sorry for you.<br /><br />and BTW, it's Anti-Abortion, not pro-life.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Right on popuptarget. And by the way some may say trained killer ....I say hero.

popuptarget

Cadet

Rolmops,<br /><br /> Being a soldier and a pro lifer I will give you the best answer I know how. I started with the idea that it’s the girls body let her do what she wants with it. Right up until the point I saw MY OWN daughter within my wife. My wife has problems having children so that means that the OB/GYN does an ultrasound every week. I saw my daughter grow before my eyes within the womb. I can attest that from the time of conception to the time of birth that growing thing inside a woman is alive and kicking. It is murder to kill it. Now on to the point of being a trained killer, as others like to say, and me when I am drunk. I will not kill another person just for the joy of it. It really is not that fun. If you are shooting at me or causing ( NOW WATCH THIS) My Family, My Friends, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, or my State (TEXAS) grief I will be more than happy to help you onto your bullet catching life!<br /><br />Now to equate the two. A child in the womb will not cause mass destruction upon an entire country for revenge. To get its name in the paper, Or to praise a "god" in an illegitimate way.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Its outlined pretty well in all the great writings of spirituallity and /or religion. Start reading.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm not touching this one. <br /><br />Just keep it civil, guys. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Are you kidding rolmops..............?<br /><br />(Self Edit... Not in keeping with the site goals)

oddjob

Commander

Did you kill babies when you were a soldier, rolmops?...if so, why not just repent instead of attemping to justifying your actions or beliefs.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by popuptarget:<br /> Rolmops,<br /><br /> Being a soldier and a pro lifer I will give you the best answer I know how. I started with the idea that it’s the girls body let her do what she wants with it. Right up until the point I saw MY OWN daughter within my wife. My wife has problems having children so that means that the OB/GYN does an ultrasound every week. I saw my daughter grow before my eyes within the womb. I can attest that from the time of conception to the time of birth that growing thing inside a woman is alive and kicking. It is murder to kill it. Now on to the point of being a trained killer, as others like to say, and me when I am drunk. I will not kill another person just for the joy of it. It really is not that fun. If you are shooting at me or causing ( NOW WATCH THIS) My Family, My Friends, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, or my State (TEXAS) grief I will be more than happy to help you onto your bullet catching life!<br /><br />Now to equate the two. A child in the womb will not cause mass destruction upon an entire country for revenge. To get its name in the paper, Or to praise a "god" in an illegitimate way.
PERFECT ANSWER!!!<br /><br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member

I will support popuptarget and leave it at that!

SoulWinner

Commander

How can any Jew not support Bush, who is waging and winning a war against Islamic terrorists? See Rolmops, I can get silly too!

mtumilty

Cadet

rolmops,<br />Just my two cents...<br />I am a pro-lifer and a soldier, for 14 years and counting (many spent deployed in harms way). I would not have been able to serve my country if my biological grandmother would have had her way. You see my biological mother was 16 and single, and was pushed to abort me. I thank God she took it upon herself to have me and give me up for adoption. At 3 days old I was delivered to my "new" parents and I grew up in a caring and loving home. That is where I learned about love for country and duty to defend her along with the respect for life, so I personally never had a problem pulling the trigger. The military offers many jobs that don't involve assaulting objectives, but you still have to defend yourself and your unit. That may be easier for you if you want to serve and don't want to "hunt" down bad guys and kill them. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.<br /><br />V/R<br />AFF

voodoo

Petty Officer 1st Class

You trolled, I bite.<br />The two are not the same at all.<br />Soldiers in past and present wars fought and died so that we would have the freedom to do so as we please within a society of laws.<br />Pro choice is the most extreme example of a free person.<br />A pro-life soldier could justify it the same as the rest of us. Kill or be killed in the fight for freedom.<br /><br />We live and die by the decisions made in OUR court system.<br />Those guilty of our braking our laws get locked up (hopefully) and the innocent go free.<br />The courts have ruled that abortion is legal (in some places).<br />Too often we rant and rave over the things our laws say are legal and illegal.<br />Do something about it if you dislike the way things are.<br />God's law does not trump ours.<br />Or do the Islamic/Christian extremists have the right to force their ways on us?

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Making abortion illegal like prostitution doesnt stop it happening just makes it dangerous. <br /><br />Second point living in a family with somebody who is so disabled physically and mentally disabled that they do not function apart from breathing I question the motives of people who say anylife is better than no life remembering that in this day an age we use medicine to keep people alive who would have died at birth.<br /><br />Lastly a sperm and a egg alone are nothing, when they meet they are not a human. When they are 4 cells they are exactly that 4 cells so I disagree that from the moment of conception its alive and kicking.<br /><br />This is a really difficult issue and in my opinion the circumstances surrounding each case should decide the outcome.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I'm not touching this one. <br /><br />Just keep it civil, guys. :)
ditto. I won't be able to keep it cival, iether, so I'm posting this, and never opening this thread again.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

First off, Voodoo weather you want to believe it or not, Gods law does trump all laws, so will his judgement, But we will have to wait to see that fufilled. Second Chris Making abortion illegal would save millons of babies each yr....if prostitution was legal it would be everywere and besides its a little different thing to have two consenting adults choose their own fates by gambiling with disease and crime.