President Bush, Great Job - Nancy Peloci, oh brother.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Bush gave an upbeat and positive SOTU address. A little short on specifics but what can you do in one hour. I am looking to the future with optimism, part of which based on what I consider strong leadership. I would very much like to see the continued success in Iraq, confirming judges who abide by the constitution not rewriting it to meet their agenda's, redefineing who are and who are not our allies, the continuation of strong and consistant foreign policy, and I really appreciate the issue of the boarder being payed at least lip service.<br /><br />I was kind of looking forward to Howard Dean delivering the democratic response(or rant, scream, bellow, blubber) but listening to any democrat pointing to God is always good for a laugh. Nancy Peloci, war college grad? Foreign policy genius? The economy in the toilet, no jobs, starving children, government debt stangling our childrens future, but social security is rock solid. 2+2=7. Good job Nancy, very coherant message. <br /><br />Did anyone else think that Reid sounded like a Republican?<br /><br />God Bless America!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: President Bush, Great Job - Nancy Peloci, oh brother.

Expect a continuing string of references to God from the Libs now Pointer. God and morals are their new playbook sound bites. I thought it hilarious when Pelosi made reference to the successes in Iraq. She acted as if the Dems had been behind the program the whole time. <br /><br />On Reed, he's just following the new script to make them seem more centrist. That's gonna get interesting if Dean gets the nod for the DNC.

LadyFish

Admiral

I thought his speech was excellent. <br /><br />And, I was really moved near the end by the beautiful embrace of the Iraqi woman and greivng mother.<br /><br />I have to admit, I didn't listen to the Democrat response. It would only infuriate me.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

That there my friends is who America voted for. I thought it was great speech as well. I'm with you LF, I don't like to listen to what the dems have to say, so I don't listen. When the dems can have ideas on how to better America instead of bashing the ones in power, then I will start listening to them again.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Good speech, crappy rebuttal. What was that first guy muttering about his childhood for. He didn't really say ANYTHING. After that I was too bored to go on, and took a good healthy dump instead. I think that was probably more productive than that waste of airtime. ;)

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

keep in mind, Bush didn't write the speech.<br /> ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

Of course he didn't. However, he dictates the points he wanted to make and its a known fact that he edits extensively speeches written for him.

TilliamWe

Banned

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> keep in mind, Bush didn't write the speech.<br /> ;)
What President does?? Seriously, that was the best response you had?? I don't get you.<br /><br />I have to admit, I cried when the Iraqi lady (did anyone else think she looked like Monica Lewinsky?) turned and hugged the man & woman from Texas, who's son was killed. <br /><br />Then I laughed through the tears when his dog tags got caught on her sleeve and they all shared a giggle. I would love to know what they said right then!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Ahhh the river, back to trolling I see.<br /><br />Bush did a great job. Democrats response was, the president is wrong, but we dont have any answers either. Really stupid.<br /><br />Ken

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Hey River, keep in mind that Peloci probally did write her own....HAAAAA HAAAAA what a joke.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

panties in a bunch people?

LadyFish

Admiral

theriver, <br /><br />The last stranger that asked me that question got his face slapped....................
hit.gif
<br />just so ya know.

SoulWinner

Commander

LadyFish,<br /><br />You and my wife would get along great!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> theriver, <br /><br />The last stranger that asked me that question got his face slapped....................<br />just so ya know.
hmmmmm.. I guess thats a big "NO" then, huh?<br /><br /> :D

Twidget

Commander

LF, you go girl. :D

TilliamWe

Banned

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> panties in a bunch people?
Not because of the President's speech, no.<br />If you go to the post of "what tics you off" and read my response, you will see why I responded to you the way I did. Just a hint, you are the first thing I listed. :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> panties in a bunch people?
Quite the oposite. Our panties are clean. Our panties are comfortable....Because honesty, integrity, honor, respect, accountability, steadfastness, pride, leeadership and faith were visable to all the world to see last night from our president. He will go down in history as one of the greatest presidents, right up there with Reagan and Lincoln.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

rotflmao

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> keep in mind, Bush didn't write the speech.<br /> ;)
What an absolute genius, theriver!!! :rolleyes:

PW2

Commander

There are numerous things I did not understand about the speech.<br />1st- What is our policy in Iran? We want them to give up their nuclear program, but are we to join with the Europeans in talking with them, or are we planning to do this by ourselves by force.<br />And are we saying that we will help the citizens mount a coup with military force? And how is that policy going to convince them to give up their nuclear program?<br /><br />2nd SS -- I simply don't understand how personal accounts do anything at all to make the system solvent, other than to cut benefits, and create a zillion private accounts that some broker has to handle, for a fee, of course.<br /><br />there are a whole bunch of other things as well, but those two are enough for now.<br /><br />I do agree that Pelosi and Reed gave a pretty lame response--but that does not mean Bush is on track