Practical Computer Jokes

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer
Ok...heres my favorite. <br /><br />While co-worker is away from desk..close all applications and move mouse cursor somewhere that is is not noticeable (lower right corner usually hides most of it). Hit Print Screen Button. Open paint and save picture of desktop somewhere. Make wallpaper that picture. Edit registry (or use tweakui utility) to hide desktop items. See how long it take him clicking on the wallpaper trying to open a program.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

NYMINUTE

Captain
Practical Computer Jokes

Got my counterpart yesterday. Changed his default font color to white. It was a killer on Excel. Took the MIS geek 1.3 hours to detect the problem. Anyone know some others? I love watching this guy stumble. He is a riot when he gets frustrated. :D

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Practical Computer Jokes

Change the mouse settings from one handed to the other. Also change settings for double and single click.<br /><br />BTW-you're evil! I love it.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Get into the word processing .... open the Auto-Correct and change a common word such as THE to auto Correct to DUMB! (or any other choice 4 letter word).<br /><br />This will drive them bonkers when they type.<br /><br />Bob

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

You people are Evil... EVIL !!!!<br /><br />.....wish I had though of those.......<br /><br />Now, who do I unleash my new found evil powers on?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Bob_VT:<br /> Get into the word processing .... open the Auto-Correct and change a common word such as THE to auto Correct to DUMB! (or any other choice 4 letter word).<br /><br />This will drive them bonkers when they type.<br /><br />Bob
This is a KILLER, Wow....I know some great 4 letter words. This is Mondays Project.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Put a small post it note on the bottom of your subjets mouse - over the ball or IR thingie... It'll stop it from working. You can put a note on the post it saying something like "Got ya!" for when they flip it over to figure out what is going on.

D

DJ

For those that are not familiar with a keyboard and where the letters are. <br /><br />Try a moving a few around. It will drive them nuts.

aspeck

Staff member

***Note to self*** <br /><br />Don't get any iboat members ticked off with me, and if I do, make sure I hide my 'puter!<br /><br />***End of Note to self***<br /><br />Wicked! Sounds like fun, let's see, with a class room full of students I can really have fun!

aspeck

Staff member

***Note to self*** <br /><br />Don't get any iboat members ticked off with me, and if I do, make sure I hide my 'puter!<br /><br />***End of Note to self***<br /><br />EDIT - That must have been an important note - it got mentioned 2 times!

ndemge

Commander

I've done the desktop image as background prank, love that one. Friend of mine called me one night after I worked on his computer " Nothing Works!, ive rebooted like 10 times!"<br /><br />Finally told him what I did and even told him where I moved all his shortcuts too.<br /><br />..My boss was always using my computer, told him to use his.. but mine was in a more convienient spot, He can't touch type, so I put my keys in alphabetical order. He quit using my keyboard, but I had no problem :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Do you realize the amount of passwords that will be installed in about a week! They will all ba done as a result of this board!<br /><br />Oh did I mention.... :rolleyes: that if the person (the target) whom is getting the computer pranks are pulled on will plan their revenge! If they are a "typical non-typist" and look at the keyboard instead of touch typing.... pop off the 2 letters and reverse them. Say B & V or M & N or the period and the comma. If you do a vowel it will be detected too quisckly.<br /><br />Bob :cool:

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

<ctrl-alt><down arrow> is fun on windows 2000. (Hope I remember this right- I don't have a w2k machine to test it on right now) Just do it again with the up arrow to fix.

Link

Rear Admiral

***Note to self***<br />New question on job application.<br />--------------------------------<br />Are you now, or ever have been a iboats member? <br />--------------------------------<br />***End of note to self***<br />Ya'll jest aint wright! :D

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Course, you can always just set the screensaver to come on after 1 minute idle and password it.<br /><br />I once did it to a friend, set his screensaver to text saying "what is the password"...<br /><br />It took him half an hour to figure out that the password was What...