FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Can someone explain what the difference is between power trim and power trim and tilt? I'm looking at purchasing a 2007 Mercury 60HP 4 stroke, and I noticed that it comes standard with power trim, but does not mention anything about tilt.
The only units I've known about either have "tilt" or "trim and tilt". I have never known one to have just "tilt". I bought a new Bayliner in 87' that had just tilt. I being new to the boating and lied to by the salesman, thought it was power trim. It turned out to be just tilt and you were never to use it under power as it was just an electric lead screw. This on an IO with a 225 chev v-8...................Jerry
Back in the '60s after Mercury introduced their power trim the OMC guys did the same thing,they sold their products with power "tilt" to many unsuspecting consumers who later found out what power "tilt" really meant)Ron G
Thanks, I've since picked up the boat and power trim includes power tilt, or atleast the trim tilts the motor out of the water for trailering which is what I was looking for.