Post a pic of your Silverline!

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Post a pic of your Silverline!

I got the crack ground down and jb welded. Im hoping to pressure test it later with that repaired to see if theres any more leaks. If it all checks out I hope on putting it in the water in a few weeks.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I pressure tested the motor after fixing the crack and it wouldnt hold pressure. Im planning on dropping my 140hp 4 cylinder in just to get it on the water and see how it performs.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I got the gimbal housing changed out and I also had to change the inner transom plate as they didnt match up. The reason Ihad to change the gimbal housing is the steering arm was stripped out inside of it. I also got the 140hp 4 cylinder dropped in and plumbed up. I still need to build and install the front motor mount since the 4 banger is shorter. Im hoping to get that in tomorrow then align the motor and install the drive.

I rebuilt the carb on the motor as well and fired it up. Its a real healthy motor and should push it along nicely. If it all comes together I plan on dropping it in the lake on saturday.

tackle

Cadet

hi all. I am Gert from the Netherlands and i just recently bought a Silverline Nantucket 17 V with a straight six Mercruiser. Hope the old gal will still put out her 165 hp. I'll try to post some pics here.

jf9dmt.jpg

at the shop
qsutle.jpg

2nib6t1.jpg

inside, she is very well maintained, only used for 200 hours since 1977!!!
2r4lvl1.jpg

looks brandnew to me...
2zgvhw7.jpg

the original top is also looking really nice and new.
Previous owner had a high standard of maintanance

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member

Welcome aboard. The Nantucket is a nice boat. What year is it?

tackle

Cadet

Welcome aboard. The Nantucket is a nice boat. What year is it?

Its a 1977, inline 6. Engine is rebuild. Hope i get better ltr /h with electronic ignition. Do you have any idea on what make i need? Also, i installed a Stainless steel prop, i didnt change the size, due to RPM. But isnt a aluprop with a 19 p a tad small?
I installed the same in stainless steel. Hope it will work.
I also installed some trim tabs. Great and cheap. In an instant your boat is completely straight in the water.

spzpyo.jpg

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member

Gert,

Not really sure what you are asking above - BUT it's better to post in the engine forum for that. If you've got a Mercruiser, the answer may be a little different from an OMC.

tackle

Cadet

Gert,

Not really sure what you are asking above - BUT it's better to post in the engine forum for that. If you've got a Mercruiser, the answer may be a little different from an OMC.
Well, i want information about propellorsize. What size was installed on a Silverline Nantucket 17v, with a mercruiser inline 6 engine. 165 horsepower.
The size the factory originally mounted on these engines.

thanx

southkogs

Staff member

^^^ Okay - I'm not sure about the Merc, but the '77 OMC was sent out with either a 14x16 or 14x18.

southkogs

Staff member

Very cool, eggs! The Kodiak was a neat lookin' boat. Can't wait to see it all cleaned up.

eggs712

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks! I really love the layout of the Kodiak and how open it is.

tackle

Cadet

Does anyone know the code for this paintcolour? I need to touch up some scratches, but i cannot find the colorcode anywhere.
please help.

tackle

Cadet

Does anyone know the code for this paintcolour? I need to touch up some scratches, but i cannot find the colorcode anywhere. I need the brownish colour.

please help.
spzpyo.jpg

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Hey Allen - I missed ya' on here: start a thread on your Grand Bahama. That's such a cool lookin' boat.

StanMT

Cadet
After looking for a boat to fish from for a few years, I finally came across this one in a local Craigslist ad. Took one look at it and decided then and there to hook it up to the truck and take it home.

Have had it for about a month now with the following work done so far. Replaced bilge pump (which was burnt out), made a replacement hatch cover for one of the bow storage areas, replaced three switches in the dash, replaced the anchor light receptacle, and cleaned up a 'lot' of wiring.

Have some motor issues to work out, but for now it gets around just fine for my needs. :)
I have tried looking up info on the internet on this particular model - without finding a single article or picture of this boat. It is a Silverline Kodiac 16GTL. Have spent about 6 hours searching to no avail so far - not even a picture of one like this.

Next item up (along with the motor issues) is to fabricate a new windshield, replace the burnt out livewell pump and find a decent bow mount trolling motor for it.
main.php

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Stan. REALLY interesting - I didn't know they made a "pointy end" Kodiak. I've only ever seen 'em in tri-hulls. Take a look through HERE. The old catalogs might have a photo in to help zero in on a year.

I don't think the Kodiaks had windshields. But then again ... I didn't know they came in V-hulls, so ... :rolleyes: