Possibly purchasing a 2000 Four Winns 210 Horizon. Thoughts?

Menard666

Cadet
Hey guys,

I'm new to the boating world and have lined up a deal for next week to purchase a 2000 Four Winns Horizon 210 with the Volvo Penta 5.7l and outdrive with 390 hours on it. It comes with a bimini top, snap on bow cover, two stainless props and a tandem four winns trailer with surge brakes. I'm new to the boating world and was wondering if anyone has ever had experience or owned one of these boats? Things I should maybe look out for? Good choice for a bowrider?

Ryan.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Possibly purchasing a 2000 Four Winns 210 Horizon. Thoughts?

Hi, Ryan. Welcome to iboats.

Where do you live, where do you boat (what kind of water), how many people will you have aboard, and if children, how old? What's your tow vehicle?

There are no specific issues with the brand- they're pretty good boats. As for this particular boat, everything depends upon its condition. Is maintenance up to date, and does the seller have receipts? If he can't prove something was done, take the position that it wasn't. Are you having it professionally surveyed, or inspected by a marine mechanic? You should, and never use someone recommended by the seller. What's the asking price for the package?

You can go here for specs... http://www.fourwinns.com/service/past_product

JoLin

Vice Admiral

<deleted- double post>

Menard666

Cadet

This is a boat mainly for adults. Asking price is $12787. I planned on looking over the boat with a few friends. We are a mechanical group and I did not plan to hire anyone to look at it. The boat is listed at 3600lbs which falls under my tow vehicles ratings. Boat is fresh water only, coming from Green Bay area to be used in Lake Superior. Not sure about maintenance records.

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

Please note that the weight listed is the dry weight, which doesn't include the trailer, fuel, coolers, etc. So you had better plan on at least another 2000 pounds.