Possible pontoon purchase and questions?

Ron-O

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A local person has a 22ft Palm Beach 220 Deluxe for sale. The boat is a 2003 bought new in 05, the motor is an 2006 Etec 90hp. The lady is asking $15000 which I think is way too high and is willing to consider offers. I have a slip on the Ohio river and was wondering is a 90hp is big enough. I figure I'm going to lose a lot of speed going from my open bow with a 4.3. Still need to look at the interior. ANy ideas on normal price? What should I look for different than on an open bow. Here's a couple quick pics.

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Possible pontoon purchase and questions?

Looks like a really nice rig. Depending on the condition of the upholstery the price might be a tad high, but not much. The nice thing about buying a used barge as opposed to everything else is the significantly decreased risk of hidden issues; no potential stringer rot, transom rot, weak fiberglass, etc. It's all right there in plain sight. Looks like it's been kept in the water, so pay particular attention to the condition of the deck assuming it's wood. Here's a nice thread regarding what to look for. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=430030 You're right about giving up some speed, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how well she'll do with that 90 horse Etec. I'm jealous! Good luck and let us know.:cool:

rutcutter

Seaman

A Palm Beach is a nice unit. However, it is a 2003 so it is 7 years old. My guess is that price is 2 or 3 K high. Just my opinion.

southernboater

Seaman Apprentice

Last year, 2009, I did my research and found a 2006, 22ft Manitou Pro with a 90 Honda 4 stroke. Boat, motor, trailer, fish finder, trawling motor, cover, in great condition - $15,000. Family loves it.

Good luck.

Baysidejoe

Seaman Apprentice

If you have children or just a lot friends, you will enjoy the extra space on the boat.
Price does seem a little high.