FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello from West Virginia this is my first time posting. I just installed a pair of bunk guides on my trailer. Any of you veterans that use them what distance from the inside of the toons while trailered works good?
I installed mine on the inside at about 2 inches, I have 2 sets of guides on my trailer, one at the very rear and a set towards the middle, and they work great, really helps on a windy day with my hardtop.
Ditto all of the above. Mine are inside and run nearly the length of the boat. They are just under 2 inches from the tube. Trailer came from the dealer that way.
My inside guides TOUCH the toons, when the boat is on the trailer all the way. Because they angle in, when the boat is floating above the trailer, there is a gap of about 1.5 to 2 inches.
I have two sets ,the first set are about half way down the trailer. I use them so I can see where the trailer is as I approach the trailer ,the other set are to the rear .This to make sure the boat is on the bunks properly.As for clearence I give them about an inch.