Pontoon boat rebuild project - advice needed

Toooner

Recruit
I just bought a project boat. It was listed on Craigslist as "needs tlc" so I knew what I was getting when I went to look at it. As I was looking at it, I started dreaming about all the changes I could make to it, so I talked the owner down $500, gave him some cash and pulled it home. I realized the floor was shot so I knew this would be a big project....total rebuild. Also, the boat has an 85hp mercury outboard, but the lake where this baby is gonna live is trolling motor only. So I plan to sell the motor and get back some of my investment.

I didn't waste any time diving in to the project. I took out all the furniture which I am not going to reuse, the console which im not keeping either, all the carpet and the rotten deck. It didn't take long to have it stripped down to nothing. I will post pics of my progress so far, once I figure out how on this forum.

I am going to keep this existing lights so I plan to rewire those today as well as run some wiring for other equipment, like radio, live well and depth finder.

I could use some advice on the design of the furniture since this is my first project. I have a large family, four kids, and it will be used as fishing, swimming, party vessel. I'd like to keep the front deck open for sunning on either benches or just lounge lawn chairs. I want a grill on board and a place to store rods, tackle, etc. The rails have gates on each side and the front, but not one out the back. Trolling motor mounted on front deck and Bimini cover towards middle/rear.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Re: Pontoon boat rebuild project - advice needed

Welcome to Iboats Tooon :) ..

Pics would be great around here. More responses that way :) ..

To redeck a toon boat is not really that big of a deal..the seats might be if there going to be Customs..

Deck,carpet then install the rails and seats..

Look forward to the pics :) .

YD.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Pontoon boat rebuild project - advice needed

Be sure to have your toons pressure tested before you get to carried away, one or both toons filled with water isn't a good thing.

Seal your decking with epoxy resin before installation for a very long lasting deck.