Please share your states voting shame stories.

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Please share your states voting shame stories.

The fact that washington didn't roll over for Kerry and was kept open for awhile was a surprize :) <br />What have you heard Pointer?

Another Washington Native voting for Bush.<br /><br />Hopefully Dino Rossi pulls an upset for the Govenor seat. *Fingers Crossed* at the moment he is up by 1,064 votes but 750,000 absentees need to be counted.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Move on . org members were going door to door in Washington, to recruit people who were not planning on voting and not registered and coercing them to vote even though they knew they were not legal to do so????????????

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

forgot to add two words that make me sick ..<br /><br />1- Russ <br />2- Feingold<br /><br /><br />they make my spleen ache!

Link

Rear Admiral

Oh, ok Pointer.. yea it's easier to do in larger cities. <br />Thanks

NYMINUTE

Captain

Indiana hasn't a clue. Still can't figure out daylight savings time. Not sure if we are a state or simply a flat bridge to Slohio and Ioweya. The livestock in this state has more on the ball than Gov. Mitch Daniels.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> <br /><br />Sorry Willy, Barrett was way wrong by ordering all those ballots.<br />The 450,000 number is the total number of all adults in the city.<br />Total population is only 600,000. There is no way the city population doubled since the last election which was just a few months ago. There is absolutely no reason why they needed any more than the original 650,000 ballots that were provided. They still would have had more than twice the number they needed.<br /><br />So what was the total number of votes cast in the city of Milwaukee??<br /><br />There were only 480,000 votes cast in all of Milwaukee COUNTY !!
If there is a single location where everyone in the city comes to vote, then you won't need more ballots that the number of voters, plus maybe a few extras in case some get damaged.<br /><br />Or, if you have a way of instantaneously moving ballots from one place to another.<br /><br />Or, if you know with certainty how many voters are voting at each polling place.<br /><br />Otherwise, logistically you will need a lot more ballots than you have voters. How many more? Two for one sounds like a lot, but you can't really make a good judgement without knowing more facts.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll tell you a weird story about voting shame...<br /><br />Right here in Richmond, VA. {Note - I am not a true Virginian, southerner, "redneck", etc.... I am from Poughkeepsie, NY originally} Since I moved here in 1996, I knew that Richmond, VA is rich in civil war history. We have a famous avenue that leads to downtown called "Monument Ave." - which is fitting as it has huge monuments erected of Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, Jefferson Davis, JEB Stuart, etc... but the most strangest, most bizarre monument, is one of the famous tennis player, the late Arthur Ashe (born/bred/raised in Richmond, VA).<br /><br />Yes everyone.... Arthur Ashe has a monument among the historical civil war monuments! Go figure... PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS WRONG - I AM IN NO WAY RACIST, BUT THIS TOTALLY DEFIES ALL RATIONAL EXPLANATION! I'LL GIVE YOU THREE GUESSES AS TO WHO VOTED FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE MONUMENT AND IT'S LOCATION! <br /><br />Butch A.

rwidman

Lieutenant

MD went for Kerry! :mad: