Please help ID my 89 merc HP engines

Daytona 21

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
8
Hello all, I posted awhile back thinking I had 97 engines, turns out the reply was spot on they are not 97's they are 89's however, now I cant determine if they are 2.4L or 2.5L finding info on these engines has been quite difficult. I had the local merc dealer order me a merc repair book based on the serial numbers which are oc175758 and oc175745, the model number for these engines is 1924912gh. The book I got is for 2.5L engines and seems to have all the right parts, but the numbers on the efi boxes are for 2.4L engines. I think the engines are 2.5L with reman efi boxes from CDI that happen to be for 2.4L's. So, what the heck are these engines 2.4 or 2.5? I have 2 of these bad mofo's on a 1997 21' Eliminator Daytona I just bought this fall. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but I think it will be pretty fast. HELP! please.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Daytona1.jpg
    Daytona1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
27,468
Re: Please help ID my 89 merc HP engines

2.4 litre engines.....

Yes, bad mofos :D:D:D:D:D:D

Chris............
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: Please help ID my 89 merc HP engines

it will scoot faster than you want a good gust to get under the bow.
 

gss036

Commander
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
2,914
Re: Please help ID my 89 merc HP engines

The OEM book numbers should be 90-814098-1 unless it got superceeded by a new number. Mine is a 1990 edition
 

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
27,468
Re: Please help ID my 89 merc HP engines

The OEM book numbers should be 90-814098-1 unless it got superceeded by a new number. Mine is a 1990 edition

Nope, still current.....

Chris..............
 

Daytona 21

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
8
Re: Please help ID my 89 merc HP engines

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll order the right book for the 2.4L
 

Daytona 21

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
8
Re: Please help ID my 89 merc HP engines

Hello again all,
I found a private person selling a service manual with the part number given above, however after an email exchange it turns out that manual does not cover the high performance engines. So I am still in need of a part number for the high performance 1989 2.4L V6. Any help would be appreciated.

attachment.php
 
Top