Pleas help pertronix conversion

JT78

Cadet
I have an 86 190 3.7l . I’m installing a Sierra labeled pertronix igniter and pertronix flame thrower 3ohm.
Now I have had to basically rewire whole boat partially using original harness but running a decent amount of my own wires my starting system completed less neutral safety ect.
So my question if someone can help with point a to point b connections as I have a 1976 harness that I can’t find color match schematics .

so running a “db electric “ high torque starter it has 3 lug connection, original had 2. installed igniter red to positive post black on negative post of flame thrower coil direct wire to ignition switch from positive on coil and direct ground from coil to my engine ground. Am I missing something?

Bimmerknut

Seaman
I have to ask. Are you running Pertronix I or Pertronix II. I learned this the hard way. While they both will work, if you leave the key in the ON position for any length of time with the motor not running, you will burn up the module. Pertronix II is the answer to that problem. Just an FYI.

JT78

Cadet
Right I’ve read that the module is a pertronix 1 with the Sierra name on it

Bimmerknut

Seaman
Right I’ve read that the module is a pertronix 1 with the Sierra name on it
Either replace it with Pertronix II or make sure that you don't leave the key in the ON position for very long.