PL Poly

mytquinn

Cadet
Newb here,

Could someone clue me in to which PL product that everyone seems to be using here? I'm wanting to use it to bed my stringers, but when I went to Lowes, I wasn't sure which product to buy.

Thanks.

mytquinn

Cadet
Re: PL Poly

Thanks Jonesg,

I was hoping that was the one, because they carry it in the big tubes.

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I used PL 375 or 400...The heavy duty stuff was almost twice as much. The stuff I bought was strong as heck..I glued some bulkheads together..I would have ripped the wood apart before the glue let go.

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

i was a bit skeptical about using this stuff, i took 2 pieces of 1/2in ply and glued them together let cure 24hrs took a 3ft pry bar wedged in the joint and split the plywood on its mfg glue the pl stuck like a champ, so it sold me there and that is why im using it to bed transom, stringers and deck down, i will use minimal screws in the deck now.
D

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

btw i too am using the 28oz tube, it didnt make sense to pay 4.99 for a 10oz, when the 28oz was 6.99 guess its all in the packaging

jonesg

Admiral

I used PL 375 or 400...The heavy duty stuff was almost twice as much. The stuff I bought was strong as heck..I glued some bulkheads together..I would have ripped the wood apart before the glue let go.

I've tried those , both were very good.