Piston examination...1973 70hp Chrysler

perculator

Seaman
Re: Piston examination...1973 70hp Chrysler

Yea, I am just glad I found all of this out before I started work on the boat itself. I mean after all it did run, just one thing led to another and here is where I am. The absolute only reason I had in pulling the heads was to check the thermostat. There were no other problems I could see. But I am not complaining it is better I caught this than to be out on the lake and the engine sieze.

I know this other guy, he has a funny name for a boat "The F.S. Bounds", he is spending a lot of time and money in the boat itself without doing anything about the motor. Who knows, he said it ran last year, just like mine did, so he is satisfied with it. I would hate to be out on the water with him if it went down for a simple reason that he didnt check out before getting out.

But, I am not going to judge. I am just glad that I found this out before hand, not after the summer got into full swing. I will let you guys know what I decide to do.

we'll be waiting patiently, on the edge of our seats, for your decision.

Steven P.

Cadet
Re: Piston examination...1973 70hp Chrysler

I have original Chrysler piston and rings, e-mail me with model and serial#'s and what you are looking for then I can see what I have. My email is bayouboatdoctor@aol.com.

Thanks

Steven P.