Pictures of your OMC's???

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pictures of your OMC's???

How about an unmolested 1918 Evinrude Detachable Rowboat Motor?

Attachments

• IM000621.JPG
    IM000621.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 0

wbeaton

Commander

Now that is a thing of beauty, FR. My oldest is a 1938 Johnson LT that needs A LOT of love and a few parts. I'd love it see it when you are done.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

FR: Maybe not molested by human hands' but the weather look's like it might have got a grip on it.

Ranger 330V

Petty Officer 1st Class

moterboat...how about some pics of that 140 running...what are you pushing there?? Top speed?? Planing speed?? What size and pitch prop?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Nah, just 90 years stored in a barn. 90 years in the weather, there'd be nothing left. Well, maybe the lower unit would...the bottom end is all brass. My mother, who'd be 100 now if still alive, was a little girl when this motor was built.

wbeaton

Commander

FR: Maybe not molested by human hands' but the weather look's like it might have got a grip on it.

No way. That motor is in incredible shape for an original. Its a heck of a find.

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

Here are my current motors
1975 4hp, 1977 70hp, 1978 140hp

Attachments

• johnson 70 on stand.JPG
    johnson 70 on stand.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4hp 1.JPG
    4hp 1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06461 (2).JPG
    DSC06461 (2).JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 0

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I just love all those 140,s. I will post some of mine when i pull her out for the winter in a few days.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

This is my pride and joy - a 1956 30hp Johnson Javelin. I have 3 other OMC's but no pics of them.
000_0003-1.jpg

Ranger 330V

Petty Officer 1st Class

waterwitch..I have that same motor...78 140...love the look of that little "fat baby" I see you have the single cable steering setup...mine has the double but the cables were froze so I'm going with the single thats already on my boat...do you like it okay?? do you get very much feedback in the steering wheel with it?

kenmyfam...mine is on a stand right now...or I would post a pic of her...lol. We should start a 140 thread...I tried to do one on the history of it from its introduction all the way through but didn't get any takers...I don't know all the history...well I all I know is about my own and I don't know much about it..lol.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

My not so old, oldest. A 1969 25 hp, that I bought new.
Weighing 78 lbs, it's the best for weight to hp. It just scoots!

j6qsma.jpg

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Damn! I'm so jealous! You guys have some gorgeous OMC's. Now I really want to repaint mine.:)

Xcusme

Commander

What the...!!! Um Is that like photoshop or something?:confused:

Photoshot ?? no , I use a Nikon, sorry for the bad pic....I had a blown 'dog gears' and the guys on the forum said to just reverse it (hope i got that right)...anyway, going to take her out this weekend , if the weather holds.

jbjennings

Captain

BoatBouy: How DARE you pollute the thread with that HIDEOUS 30hp Javelin?

You should immediately crate that thing up and send it to me just to get it that piece of junk out of your way! Will send address at your request!

Actually, I was hoping to see a picture of a nice one on my thread and yours looks like new... Darn it--I just got drool on my shoe! anyway, thanks for the pic, will save it!

Also, that 69 25hp is really nice----that stand is neat, I've never seen one like that. I would be scared to trust that cav. plate to hold it up, though. I'd fall into the motor and break it, myself. Interesting design.. That is an incredible power to weight ratio! I would have thought it was a 20hp! Will save your pic, too!

Hope to see more!
JBJ

jbjennings

Captain

hey jbj what did you do to clean those babies up and then paint them, possible winter project for my '62 3hp

GRD: My skills are embarassing compared to that 30 javelin of Boatbouy's. I suggest you go to Peter McDonald's website. P.M. me and I'll email you the site. He appears to be a real "sure-nuff" expert and also has stuff for your motor that's hard to find and original paint, too. I called him once for some stuff and he was a neat person to talk to, very helpful and patient for a person that probably gets pestered constantly with the same questions I had. Got some decals, tiller grip, and medallion from him and was very pleased. He has some advice on his site for painting outboards. My tip---use the right primer (self-etching) and spray very light coats, one at a time, or the paint/primer won't stick to the lower unit and it will come off and you will be UPSET! (I was on my first and second paint job.) Do you have your 3hp running yet? Get a pic of it before and we can wait 'til spring for the "after".
Thanks, JBJ

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

Can some body explain how to put on pics? Always says they are too big.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

I have that too big problem all the time too. It's because they are "too big". Use some kind of photo editing software to reduce the size and resolution. Don't shoot the pictures in high resolution mode either. I use Photoshop, but that's way more than you need. And expensive too. You probably got some kind of editing software with your camera?

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe I got it right. 1953 Lightwins

Attachments

• 07-05-07018-1.jpg
    07-05-07018-1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: