Pictures of your OMC's???

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: Pictures of your OMC's???

ACDSee is a pretty good, basic photo editor also. I use the pro version as a companion to Photoshop but there a few home versions that you can find for free. Just surf for "ACDSee free."

cc67

Petty Officer 1st Class

JBJ [since I'm on dial-up.]

Dang, that sucks :(

bralex

Seaman Apprentice

jbjennings,

Thanks for the pointers on loading the pics. Lets give it a try!

This was my summer project last year. I'm very happy with the way she turned out!

Attachments

• Lowe_fix_8.jpg
    Lowe_fix_8.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Lowe_fix_6.jpg
    Lowe_fix_6.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Evinrude_40_fix_1.jpg
    Evinrude_40_fix_1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 0

Evinrude Boater

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice Speedifour, I'd hate to fill the gas tank though!
Yes she is a thirsty motor. I was looking through the old brochures and they indicated 2 hours on the 5 gallon tank. The thought of buying a newer more efficient motor has passed through my head but the cost savings just isn't there to justify the expenditure. I would have to care more for the environment to make it worthwhile in my mind. I think I spent $400-$500 last season on gas pulling skiers, tube and wake boarding. That's an affordable luxury in my books.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I restored that one because it was my uncles. A few years ago my uncle moved from the Northwoods of WI down to Alabama. I used to spend a lot of time fishing and boating up there during the summer. He had that motor on a matching 61' mirrocraft, and I would spend entire days out on the lake with it. When he moved, he gave me both the motor and the boat. It really all started when I just wanted to get the marine growth off of the lower unit........it just eventually turned into straight up redoing the whole thing. I redid the engine when I took off the carberator to rebuild it. I had to take the powerhead off to get to the impeller......one thing led to another and before I knew it, I had the whole thing in parts.

Here are the two restored together on the back of my truck. The truck, boat, and motor together are 105 years old.......but they dont look it. :)

trailer4os2.jpg

picture009im2.jpg

I also have a 1988 25hp Jonny that is in great shape. The boat was just an alumacraft and 3 bench seats when I got it. I added the floor, seats, deck, bilge pump, etc.......

hpim0247lx1.jpg

picture0041bf.jpg

Pony

Rear Admiral

Here is my next project......my grandfathers 18hp.

picture013tm7.jpg

Evinrude Boater

Lieutenant Junior Grade

These are my second and third motors. My first OMC is the 1964 75hp Speedifour featured earlier and shown in my avatar. Today I became the proud second owner of this 1965 Johnson 5hp. It looks to be in original condition with only the head bolts showing signs of wrenching. I can't wait to see what the impeller looks like. I see this is a direct drive motor with no neutral. How do you shut it off, choke it?
The big one is a 1960 40hp Lark II. I don't know how many owners it has had.

Attachments

• P2030043.JPG
    P2030043.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P2030034.JPG
    P2030034.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Evinrude Boater

Lieutenant Junior Grade

JB here's another view of my restored 1968 boat after the paint job. I used Interlux Premium Yacht Enamel above the water line. It was applied using the roll & tip method and it exceeded my expectations. You can see the reflection of my van in the side of the boat. The teal stripe is gelcoat which was painted over. I scraped off the paint and wet sanded the gel coat and waxed it to shine it up.

Attachments

• P6110023-1.jpg
    P6110023-1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0

4.0l sahara

Petty Officer 1st Class

:D
These are my second and third motors. My first OMC is the 1964 75hp Speedifour featured earlier and shown in my avatar. Today I became the proud second owner of this 1965 Johnson 5hp. It looks to be in original condition with only the head bolts showing signs of wrenching. I can't wait to see what the impeller looks like. I see this is a direct drive motor with no neutral. How do you shut it off, choke it?
The big one is a 1960 40hp Lark II. I don't know how many owners it has had.

I have that exact 5hp but it's a 1966. Not as common as other motors. To stop it pull the throttle all the way back and it will shut off. You can get the impeller and power head parts no prob. It's just hard to get stuff like a lu seal kit. You can buy all the seals seperate but not togather. Thats what I did.