Pictures in a post

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class
just type (IMG)http://the.webhostyouuse.com/imagefilename.jpg(/IMG)<br /><br />except that you use the square brackets instead of parentheses.

spratt

Lieutenant
Pictures in a post

Can anyone tell me how to insert a picture in a post?<br /><br />Thanks in advance!!

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Pictures in a post

So I can't just insert a pic off my hard drive??

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> So I can't just insert a pic off my hard drive??
No spratt, you have to have them hosted somewhere on the WWW.<br />If you don't have someplace, send them to me, you got my email, and I will host them for you.

spratt

Lieutenant

OK, thanks...guess I will hafta create a web site...appreciate the offer!!!

sangerwaker

Commander

You don't have to create a website. Just use a picture host, like photobucket.com, freepichosting.com, myfishingpictures.com, etc. Register yourself, and upload your pictures.

spratt

Lieutenant

SBN, thanks!!! Photobucket has this message: Over the next few weeks we will be upgrading our infrastructure to better serve our users.<br />Therefore we are currently not accepting new "free" accounts at this time. Please come back soon! <br /><br />I will check out the other sites...thanks for teh great info!!!

Dunaruna

Admiral

Spratt, photobucket are trying to move away from free hosting, you now get popups and banners, never used to. Every time a site offers free hosting it quickly becomes over subscribed and starts to think about making $$$$$$$$$.<br /><br />Aldo

spratt

Lieutenant

Yep, I know how it is...but I got it figured out...I posted a pic in teh Men Drivers thread...thanks for all the help!!!