pics of 19ft and smaller boats with wake towers

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Im considering a tower for my 18ft glaston but I dont want it to look too big for the boat. Also going to add a swim platform which should make it look longer. Please post pics. Thanks

Attachments

• 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: pics of 19ft and smaller boats with wake towers

I have a 1988 19' Glassport SportCuddy. I put a tower on mine made by DIY Wake. Great tower at a great price in my opinion. No creaking and very little sway. I got mine for $1,379 fully loaded and delivered to my door. I also replaced my old platform with a larger Teak one I bought off of FleaBay. Platform and tower are both things I love the most of the things I've done to my boat.
Here yah go;

BoatNorris-1.jpg

06-17-2010---EastForkLake009.jpg

06-15--boat007.jpg

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do like that tower, but I cannot find many pictures of that tower mounted on a boat similar to mine. I'm also not sure of the mounting points on my boat. I see most mount on the side near the windshieldm but the monster MTE looks like it mounts on the top. Is that just as strong? I would think side mounting would be stronger.

BoomerSooner

Seaman Apprentice

http://www.monstertower.com/
Click on customer photos and comments
On the left click runabouts
Click MT1 Photos
Click Glastron
They have MANY pictures of Glastrons with towers on them. I'll be ordering one for my boat in the off season. I have a 17.5 ft Carlson (Glastron).

Blueoval0150

Recruit

I'm running the black Big Air H2O tower on my 18' Marada. Has it's creaks and rattles but looks great on the boat. Serves the purpose I'm needing it for!
b3615231.jpg

mpod

Seaman Apprentice

RAT Attack, I've been looking at the same DIY tower but not sure it will work with my OEM bimini.

Noticed your bimini is down in the Pics. Do the two play nice??

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

RAT Attack, I've been looking at the same DIY tower but not sure it will work with my OEM bimini.

Noticed your bimini is down in the Pics. Do the two play nice??

Yes they do!
I must have got lucky. The top in the up position tucks up just under the speakers. I thought I was going to have to cut down a couple poles to make it fit!

GreatLakes

Recruit

I say go for the Monster! I have seen a couple of those towers out on the lake, and they do look pretty nice. Just remember the hassle of lowering them when moving under bridges!

smartwork

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just remember the hassle of lowering them when moving under bridges!

I thought Monsters were easy to drop... no?

Here is my 2007 glastron gt185. It has the aerial assault tower on it as well as a swim platform. It will give you a good idea what a tower may look like on your boat. The installation was not fun, and definitly needed a few beers after we were done, but im very happy with the way it came out and it works great!! ...sorry about the bad pics its all I have for right now

Attachments

• untitled 1.jpg
    untitled 1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
  • untitled 2.jpg
    untitled 2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 0

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here is my 2007 glastron gt185. It has the aerial assault tower on it as well as a swim platform. It will give you a good idea what a tower may look like on your boat. The installation was not fun, and definitly needed a few beers after we were done, but im very happy with the way it came out and it works great!! ...sorry about the bad pics its all I have for right now

Thanks for the pics. That tower looks good. Bet you get many complements. Is the tower pretty quiet? Any issues?

After looking at many pics and reading feedback. I think the best tower for my boat is the aerial assault or aerial airborne. I think the monster towers look great but not sure they look good as the aerial would on my boat. Both monster and aerial seem to have a good reputation and have 5 year warranty on the towers. I would like to get the tower powder coated red to match my boat. That should really look good.

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just did an eyeball measure and the front may be too narrow for the aerial assault. Minumum must be 76" and it is close. It is wide enough if I move it back a bit but it would look best right at the front of the shield. Can anyone provide the dimensions of this tower?

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mine is 19.5 and has a Big Air Tower with Aerial tower speaker, rack, mirrors etc.

DSCF0028-2.jpg

I have had no issues with the tower **Make sure you make or buy reinforcement plates**!! Aerial makes quality stuff, but their backing plates are a JOKE. I went to the local boat shop and baught a big peace of that "marine plywood" which feels like that plastic cutting board material, and made the backing plates as big as I could, and sealed it in with epoxy mixed with fiberglass. Tower holds strong, has a bit of a side to side shake when going for a double up, or over someone else's wake, which I think is normal? I like the assault tower way better than the airborne mainly because the airborne looks to boxy in the back. I can get u measurements between the front legs of my tower, not by my boat right now

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine is 19.5 and has a Big Air Tower with Aerial tower speaker, rack, mirrors etc.

DSCF0028-2.jpg
That tower looks great also. Very similar to the aerial airborne. How is the quality of the big air tower? Is it quiet and strurdy?