pics of 19ft and smaller boats with wake towers

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: pics of 19ft and smaller boats with wake towers

YES it is very sturdy and quiet. There is some side to side movement as well when hitting a wake or jumping but nothing major and it is normal. I make sure and tighten everything up after every ride (it's nothing more then a 5 minute job). The first few times they were loose, but I am past that now and only a couple needed tightening. As soon as it all settles I shouldn't have to do it at all, but the insurance is worth the 5 minute job.

This is the second one I owned. I had one on my Ski Nautique and really liked it as well. For this boat I went with a different model, but the quality and support from these guys are great. I could not be happier with it. Like mentioned before the BACKING PLATES are what matter when installing any tower so be sure to back it up with some wood like "Gettin' It Wet" did for a solid mount and to avoid cracking in the Gel Coat.

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

YES it is very sturdy and quiet. There is some side to side movement as well when hitting a wake or jumping but nothing major and it is normal. I make sure and tighten everything up after every ride (it's nothing more then a 5 minute job). The first few times they were loose, but I am past that now and only a couple needed tightening. As soon as it all settles I shouldn't have to do it at all, but the insurance is worth the 5 minute job.

This is the second one I owned. I had one on my Ski Nautique and really liked it as well. For this boat I went with a different model, but the quality and support from these guys are great. I could not be happier with it. Like mentioned before the BACKING PLATES are what matter when installing any tower so be sure to back it up with some wood like "Gettin' It Wet" did for a solid mount and to avoid cracking in the Gel Coat.

Thanks for the info. One more question. Does your tower look "boxy" from the back? I know some people don't like how the aerial airbourne looks "boxy"

thanks

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't think so. I looked at a few and I was actually going to buy an Aerial tower (EVERYTHING bolted on that tower is Aerial aside from the Liquid Audio lights), but decided on the look and since I knew the quality after having one before it was pretty easy to decide. This one follows the lines of the windsheild too whereas the Aerial has a section in the rear that goes down. Either way I don't think you can go wrong. Here are some pics of the rear:

DSCF0031-2.jpg

DSCF0030-1.jpg

I think that Hansolo's tower is much nicer in comparison to the Aerial Airborne tower, it doesnt look like a square in the back and it follows the windsheild downslope very nicely.

What speaker setup are you running? Im looking at gettin one for next season I think im going to go Kicker (KMT6 speakers and a Kicker amp)

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think that Hansolo's tower is much nicer in comparison to the Aerial Airborne tower, it doesnt look like a square in the back and it follows the windsheild downslope very nicely.

What speaker setup are you running? Im looking at gettin one for next season I think im going to go Kicker (KMT6 speakers and a Kicker amp)

Thanks! I am running the Arial 6X9 speakers. The sound is great and they are powered by a 1600 watt amp. We don't usually crank them up, but if we are far enough away and I feel like I can. They are worth every penny!

http://cgi.ebay.com/AERIAL-BLUNT-WA...HED-6-x-9-/310244024229?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't think the vapor tower will fit my boat. Website says the tower fits boats 79"+. When I did a rough measure I'm a few inches short.

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bummer, well you might be able to go with their ICE TOWER?

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So I called Big Air to inquire about the H2O. They claim the H2O tower is the strongest and is built to fit the measurements. Also I can get it powder coated to match my boat. Only thing I don't like is the warranty. There are tons of pics of this tower on their site and it looks good.

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is the one I had on my Nautique. I don't have a pic with the tower on it if not I would show you. It is a nice tower as well....

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I dont have a 19ft or less boat mine is 22ft but I love my tower! I have the same as RAt ATTACK. I actually recomended it to him!lol I see he threw his photo up so I figured I would to so you can see how the same tower fits two differant boats. The only differance in the tower is mine is plane and he has all the toys! I got mine in the off season for $800 even rapped up and shipped. I think they are $900 now.

IMG01059-20100808-1809.jpg

IMG00415-20100512-1453.jpg

IMG00411-20100512-1248.jpg

oldjeep

Admiral

So I called Big Air to inquire about the H2O. They claim the H2O tower is the strongest and is built to fit the measurements. Also I can get it powder coated to match my boat. Only thing I don't like is the warranty. There are tons of pics of this tower on their site and it looks good.

Don't know if I'd worry too much about the length of warranty. If the thing survives a month you should be golden. Biggest thing to remember with any universal tower is to use lots of lock-tite and make sure to check every single set screw and bolt often. Towers get vibrated to death on the water and on the trailer, which really loosens the screws up, especially the little set screws that hold the mounts into the tubes.

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I dont have a 19ft or less boat mine is 22ft but I love my tower! I have the same as RAt ATTACK. I actually recomended it to him!lol I see he threw his photo up so I figured I would to so you can see how the same tower fits two differant boats. The only differance in the tower is mine is plane and he has all the toys! I got mine in the off season for $800 even rapped up and shipped. I think they are $900 now.

IMG01059-20100808-1809.jpg

IMG00415-20100512-1453.jpg

IMG00411-20100512-1248.jpg

Thanks again for your help when I was considering getting one. The off season price tipped it over the edge for me.
Glad to see a picture with your boat in the water! She is looking good. All that work paid off pretty nicely!

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks again for your help when I was considering getting one. The off season price tipped it over the edge for me.
Glad to see a picture with your boat in the water! She is looking good. All that work paid off pretty nicely!

Yes the work paid off! It pulls great too! Had the first wake-to-wake jumps ever done behind my boat happen this past weekend, that tower makes a big differance!:D

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

That boat looks GREAT with that tower! Looks like it was made to order! Another fine example of a UNIVERSAL TOWER that looks GREAT and DOES it JOB!! AWESOME!!!!

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That boat looks GREAT with that tower! Looks like it was made to order! Another fine example of a UNIVERSAL TOWER that looks GREAT and DOES it JOB!! AWESOME!!!!

Thanks, I must have gone threw a thousand towers online before finding this one! I wanted one that would flow with the lines of the boat, got lucky to be able to pull it off inside my price limit of $1000! Saved money too!

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just got back from a great day on the lake. I saw a guy with a glastron very similar to mine with a good looking tower installed. I asked him what tower and he said it was the big air "plasma" but instead of mounting it reverse like the site shows, he mounted it the pointing back. Actually really followed the lines of the boat very well. He told me he has had no issues and loves the tower. Would doing something like this be ok? I would think that tower was engineered not to be mounted that way and would not be as strong. I pulled on it a bit and it seemed rock solid. He did have some cross member strength with the wakeboard racked he added. What do you think? http://bigairwaketowers.com/towers/plasma/

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Will it fit your boat? If so it looks awesome!!

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The design of the tower looks like it would be strong no matter what way its pointing to me.

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Called big air and they agreed. The tower is just as strong as the h2o it just has more angle back. I think I will either go with the big air plasma or monster mt1. Plenty of months ahead to think about it. :)

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Either way I am sure you will be happy! Think it over good and really get an idea of how it will look on your boat, like you said you have a few months to decide. Make sure you let us know your decision and post a pic when your all done.....