Peterson Jury Verdict Reached

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It has been just announced a verdict has been reached in the Peterson murder trial. The verdict will be announced at 1:00 PM (PST), 4:00 PM (EST).<br /><br />It is speculated the jury will announce a guilty verdict of 2nd. degree murder.<br />I have always thought under the cirmcumstances, a 1st. degree murder had been commited, with malace a forthought, but I also believe it will be a second degree verdict.<br /><br />I am quite familar with juries in this county, as I was with the Sheriff's Office that is housed in that "Hall of Justice" for nearly 30 years, where the trial is being held. Juries are known to be quite consertive in this county.<br /><br />My feeling on the 2nd. degree verdict is, the jury found him guilty, but will not find a first degree, so as to appease the anti-death penalty jurors.<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Peterson Jury Verdict Reached

I think he'll do the O.J. Shuffle, and walk right out of that court a free killer scum.<br />JMHO

KaGee

Admiral

Agrees with 12 Footer.<br /><br />On the other hand, in Califonia, if Scott had been accused of dumping his pregnant dog in the bay, the PETA crowd would have had him executed by now.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

He would have been dead by now, if he lived in Texas.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

I'm in SHOCK!<br /><br />1st degree!!!! OMG! :eek:

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Please explain to me the interest in this case? I'm not knocking any one individual, but as a country in whole, this case has made plenty of headlines.<br /><br />I don't mean to seem coldhearted. It is very sad what happened to the two that were killed, but it was just 2 people. We have had hundreds of service men and women die in the same time span and there is little mention of their death. Tens of thousands of young children die daily due to AIDS, starvation, etc. yet very little news coverage.<br /><br />I honestly have no idea what is going on with this case to understand why it has captured so many people's attention. Please fill me in -- kindly...

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cause it happened in a boat.........

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Peterson was convicted of one count of first-degree murder for killing his wife, Laci, and one count of second-degree murder in the death of the son she was carrying. <br /><br />Well at least there are 12 smart people in California, and one smart judge.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JamesCoste:<br /> Please explain to me the interest in this case? I'm not knocking any one individual, but as a country in whole, this case has made plenty of headlines.<br /><br />I don't mean to seem coldhearted. It is very sad what happened to the two that were killed, but it was just 2 people. We have had hundreds of service men and women die in the same time span and there is little mention of their death. Tens of thousands of young children die daily due to AIDS, starvation, etc. yet very little news coverage.<br /><br />I honestly have no idea what is going on with this case to understand why it has captured so many people's attention. Please fill me in -- kindly...
Cause so many times, people that are obviously guilty, get off scott free.<br /><br />Plus, so many people are captured by it cause it was the one picked by the media. They pick one every few months, so they can keep the ratings up.<br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Wow! Good news... I was thinking "the O.J. Shuffle", too...

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Adios Scott.............<br /><br />The verdict.....Laci....Guilty of 1st. degree murder........Baby Connor.....Guilty of 2nd. degree murder.<br /><br />Peterson will be taken to Pelican Bay State Prison in Northern California.<br />This is the highest maxium security prision in Calif. and probably one of the highest in the nation.<br /><br />This is the same prison that Richard Alan Davis is housed. Davis is the slimeball who kidnapped and murdered Polly Klass. Davis lived in a rural coastal area, where I was assinged for a number of years and I have delt with him on several occasions.<br /><br />Mabe Davis and Peterson will fall in love in Pelican Bay. They deserve each other.<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry to disagree with so many iboats members. I'm no where near convinced that Scott Peterson was guilty. The boat in and of itself is hard enough to figure out. He wasn't an experienced boater, but he managed to take a small boat out in San Francisco Bay, without being seen, and throw a heavy body, probably at least 200 lbs by the time you add in the anchors. I know for a fact I couldn't do that out of a fourteen foot aluminum boat.<br /><br />My wife was a forensic chemist for years and one thing I learned is that forensic evidence is not that easy to hide. They don't even know where she was murdered or when. There is no evidence that he moved her from where ever she was killed to the boat. No blood evidence anywhere. One hair was found, you can find my wife's hair all over anytime, I'd be more surprised if no hair was found. I'm convinced Scott is a scummy dude, but I'm no where near convinced he is a murderer.<br /><br />He'll have several opportunities to appeal, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he prevails in his appeals.

ob

Admiral

Well,I'm glad that this ordeal is at least approaching some closure.Notwithstanding any appeal.I personally feel that the right verdict was reached.Can't even fathom how someone could actually do something so heartless and selfish to another.Much less ,ones wife and unborn.Wonder if he'll be another one of those people that simply waste away in prison and deny it to the end.In any case ,I'm sure there are many other similar cases pending throughout the nation.This was just one of those that became high profile for whatever reason.I'm sure it had something to do with the Gary Condit fiasco that was brewing just before ,since he too was from Modesto.BTW,wonder what ever became of that investigation,as I haven't heard anything more?

KennyKenCan

Commander

And now the appeal process begins.<br /><br />I honestly feel, that an Appeals Court Justice is going to overturn this verdict.<br /><br />The judge has done everything in his power to see that this man goes to prison, no matter what.<br /><br />The police also botched this trail, just like O.J.'s, only the prosecution found a judge willing to sympathize with the procecution.<br /><br />The evidence presented in this trial was so thin and unconvincing, I'm amazed that this even went to trail.<br /><br />Nothing worst than being sent to prison based upon circumstantial evidence.<br /><br />Nothing presented into court, without any reasonable doubt was brought, so how can they bring down a guilty charge?<br /><br />Talk about being railroaded!<br /><br />This is just my opinion, not trying to start anything.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I just wonder if he realizes by now that a diviorce would have been cheaper and easier. What a fool. I have no respect for a man that cheats on his wife. I hate liars and thieves, but I would have more respect for a thief that is having to do what he has to do to feed his family.<br /><br />THey should just send him to Texas and put him in the express line for his execution.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Why do you have to "throw" a body overboard. Why cant you just roll it over, or get the legs over the stern, then start easing the body over. Gravity will take over.<br /><br />You dont need to be "experienced" to go boating. Trust me, I have seen plenty of complete idiots manage to go out in the water and somehow manage to find their way back.<br /><br />He wasnt seen cause it was Christmas eve, not exactly a boating day. I have passed so many people when I am boating, but I would never recognize them again.<br /><br />Blood can be cleaned, if you know what you are doing.<br /><br />Just because he was smart, doesnt mean he is not guilty.<br /><br />Ken

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Here we go......I'm gonna go way out on a limb here. When I come back to the office Monday morning, this thread will be locked too. LMAO <br /> :rolleyes:

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by Luna Sea:<br /> Here we go......I'm gonna go way out on a limb here. When I come back to the office Monday morning, this thread will be locked too. LMAO :rolleyes:
May not be as far out on the limb as you think.I wouldn't offer very high odds on the bet.Maybe 1.2 to one. :D

NOSLEEP

Commander

Convicted 1st deg murder & second deg for the<br />unborn child.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Blood can be cleaned, and there may not have even been any blood, because nobody knows how she was killed, or where. The fact is that hiding all physical evidence of such a crime is pretty hard to do.