Paying by fingerprint.

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Paying by fingerprint.

NEVER<br /><br />Talk about Big Brother watchin over ya!<br /><br />Once they have your fingerprint, your every move, for the rest of your life WILL be tracked.

NYMINUTE

Captain

No, Big Brother already knows too much. Besides, what about a customer with no hands?? Been known to happen.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah sure, i'll sign up for it<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> .<br /> WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER :mad:

Xcusme

Commander

Ha Ha Ha , That's too funny!<br />The last line of the article says:<br />" Edeka bosses said they were confident the system could not be abused."<br /><br />There's an old saying, "Can a man eat an elephant??"<br />sure, one bite at a time.<br /><br />When folks finally take notice that their personal freedoms are gone, bit, by bit, sometimes for the sake of convenience, only then do they start complaining about repressive government. <br /><br />As for me. NO WAY!

gaugeguy

Captain

It's one thing to have the government having my prints in their database, but having CC companies or stores having access to it is a whole nuther can of worms I don't want opened.

ndemge

Commander

....so how do you order over the phone?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

KKC, we are already being tracked more that you ever imagine.<br /><br />Unless you get paid in cash, have no bank accounts or credit, have no land, or cars, you are being tracked.<br /><br />To finger print or not to finger print will not change a thing.<br /><br />Ken

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Fingerprinting would make identity theft a lot more difficult. That, to me, is a worthwhile outcome.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

It is easy to duplicate fingerprints if given a copy. And seeing as how customer data is getting stolen every day, what makes anyone think the fingerprint data will be any safer? If you ask me, going to fingerprint scans will make it even easier to commit ID fraud once the thieves figure out how to beat the system......they always do.<br /><br />Here's how I look at it.....the easier it is for you to buy something, the easier it is for the thieves to buy something.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

We punch-in/out using a hand-scanning device.<br />It's failsafe, and has put an end to buds punching you out.<br />But I can't wait for the monsoon season here in the "lightning capital of the USA"....All the line hits, and power outages, I hope admin at the salt mines has a sharp pencil! :rolleyes:

eeboater

Commander

My thought is that it is WAAAY more difficult for the ****le-faced geek to steal your fingerprint than your CC #. Plus, I mean really, unless you are in the movie Gone in 60 Seconds or Charlies Angels, who's going to steal your fingerprint to buy a loaf of bread?<br /><br />Sean

NathanY

Commander

ee, buddy, there is no way. If you want to do it, go right ahead. When thats not good enough, you can go get your RFID chip put in your hand.

eeboater

Commander

Yeah yeah... ok you guys sold me. :D <br /><br />I vote no for paying by thumbprints.<br /><br />But I will say one thing, I think it will happen eventually. :D <br /><br />Sean

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Don't care either way. Big brother already has my fingerprints from when I worked for him. If he decides to clandestinely watch me, he's going to be bored as he11.

KennyKenCan

Commander

KIZ,<br /><br />You are so right!<br /><br />I know! I worked for the NYSDOT Region 10 INFORM (INFORM = INFormation FOR Motorist), where I monitored traffic along the Long Island Expressway (I-495), also know as the worlds longest parking lot. We monitored the highways for all sorts of things, like disabled vehicles and MVA's, and I saw the Police sitting there sending out moving violations by using the camera network on the highway.<br /><br />If they are doing this, I could only imagine the rest of what our authorities are doing!!

D

DJ

JB wrote.<br /><br />
Fingerprinting would make identity theft a lot more difficult. That, to me, is a worthwhile outcome.<br /><br />
I agree. <br /><br />After just having my credit card number stolen, I couldn't agree more.<br /><br />What amazes me is that some establishments will just take a credit card number, without seeing the card.<br /><br />We're ALL wide open to theft.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Okay, how is this gonna work? Left thumb debit, right thumb credit? or was that left thumb credit and right thumb debit? :confused: <br /><br />Guess the middle finger would be for returns and credit your account? :p

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br />.... If he decides to clandestinely watch me, he's going to be bored as he11.
:D