part # for looper steering and swivel nut

tony120

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
83
this is the big nut at the bottom of the steering shaft assembly. I need the part # or the all the #'s to get it.the nut or shaft or both....thanks
 

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Messages
13,262
Re: part # for looper steering and swivel nut

Tony.... There are a lot of looper engines out there. The year and horsepower would be a help. Pertaining to the steering shaft, what shaft length engine do you have... 20", 25" ?
 

tony120

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
83
Re: part # for looper steering and swivel nut

sorry, its a 1985-25in shaft, v4.120-140.if anyone has the manual,the nut I'm refering to is in section 5 of the OMC service manual,page 5-56 view #35.." A " is the nut I need, thanks
 

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Messages
13,262
Re: part # for looper steering and swivel nut

Tony.... That nut would be available from your local dealership. The OMC part number is 320746, cost is approsimately $15.00.<br /><br />The shaft (25" model), although I don't know what you would ned it is OMC part number 392519, with its approximate cost being $585.00.
 

tony120

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
83
Re: part # for looper steering and swivel nut

thanks joe.the nut is rotted so im replacing it.thanks again
 
Top