FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I know some of the guys on here have used rustoleum to paint the outside of their boats. I think they were aluminum, but I am not sure. I do beleive they used the roll & tip method to do it, not spray cans. Hopefully they will chime in and share their expereince...
I painted the interior of my 14' tinny with rustoleum marine paint (battleship gray). I rolled it on with a foam roller and it turned out really smooth.
All I can say is the PO painted on a part of the fiberglass part of my boat and it looks ok but scrapes off really easy. In fact, I scraped it right off.
All I can say is the PO painted on a part of the fiberglass part of my boat and it looks ok but scrapes off really easy. In fact, I scraped it right off.
I shot the inside of my tinny with rustolium rattle cans. It turned out really nice. I just used an auto rated primer (zinc) in spray cans and regular gray spray cans. I think I used 3 cans of primer and 5 cans of paint.