Paint removal and prep?

Ross72

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Paint removal and prep?

I like the idea of a soda blaster, I've read a little about them. My problem is that i think I would only use it for this project and that doesn't justify the cost in my eyes.

Bob, I understood what you said, I didn't express my thoughts well. It seems lately that I think much faster than I type. I'm eager to get going on this project. I've been looking at some safe strippers/removers at the local big box stores. Haven't figured out which one yet, but have narrowed it down to a few.

Gentleman, I would like to thank all of you for your input and suggestions. Without them I would be lost and be a little nervous about this project. I believe that the amount of knowledge and the willingness to share it puts this forum far above any other.

Thanx again,
Ross

Ross72

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Paint removal and prep?

Just wanted to give an update. Progress has been slow, work has picked up and haven't had much time to work on the boat. That's a good thing though, especially in this economy. I did pick up a soda blaster and used it a little, it works a lor better than I thought. Leaving for vacation this weekend so I will try to update with some picks when I get back.