Owners Manual Stratos 2003 180 FS

pkress

Cadet
can anyone tell me where to find an owners manual for a Stratos 2003 180 FS? i mainly need it for the plumbing / live well / bilge / drain system.

Seems like the boat is taking on too much water and cannot figure out how all the plumbing works. thank you

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
can anyone tell me where to find an owners manual for a Stratos 2003 180 FS? i mainly need it for the plumbing / live well / bilge / drain system.

Seems like the boat is taking on too much water and cannot figure out how all the plumbing works. thank you
doubt Stratos even had the plumbing schematic

most boats are hand-built by the prototype team and then documented with polaroid photos in a notebook.

many cases to get to livewell plumbing, you must remove the interior of the boat.

pkress

Cadet
What you're looking for doesn't exist

Never did
thank you for the information. i guess i should take it to a boat repair shop thats on the water so they can trouble shoot the excess water being taken on?

pkress

Cadet
doubt Stratos even had the plumbing schematic

most boats are hand-built by the prototype team and then documented with polaroid photos in a notebook.

many cases to get to livewell plumbing, you must remove the interior of the boat.
thank you for your help and response. i will have to figure it out somehow

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you will have to look to where the water is coming from. if you have plastic thru-hulls I would start there.

look at your garboard drain

regarding the livewell system. most small boat live well systems are plastic fittings and plastic lines which last a maximum of 15 years. you will have to remove interior bits to get to the plumbing below deck

this is a DIY project, as you probably do not want to pay a boat shop $125 per hour for the 20+ hours to take the boat apart and repair.

additionally with a 20 year old fiberglass hull, you could have a few other structural issues

you should not be taking on any water.