owner manual for '90 195 gls

FNWHACKED

Recruit
Does anybody know where I can locate an owners manual for a 1990 sea nymph 195 gls. I just picked up the boat and would love to get my hands on the book. Thanks

tmljunkmail

Seaman
Re: owner manual for '90 195 gls

What size motor?

I have a 1990 175 Fish-n-Ski.

Not an exact match.....but I have the manual for the 70 Johnson VRO.

rariege

Recruit

Greetings,
I'm looking for the user manual for a 1990 Sea Nymph, Type Fish and Ski, SS 175.
Can you help me with that?
Thanks
rariege

tmljunkmail

Seaman

I don't really have one for the boat itself, but I do have the manual for the 70hp Johnson VRO that came with it.

rariege

Recruit

I have the same engine and have the manual for it too. Thanks anyways.

But what are your experiences with the boat and engine? Anything I have to be aware about?
This is my first boat I own and it is in really good shape. Estimated 50h on boat and engine...

tmljunkmail

Seaman

I am very happy with it.

Over the winter I ripped out all of the carpet and the wood floor and re-did everything.

It turned out quite nice.

The engine is strong as far as I can tell and has plenty of power for the boat.

I can get it up to about 35 mph with gear, which is plenty for me.

It is a little light......so its rough at speed and it gets pushed around quite a bit in the wind, but that is true of any alum boat.

I do occasionally pull a tube with my family and it does a great job with that. (Better than I expected actually).

tmljunkmail

Seaman

Oh......one tip.....I did notice that it seems to be SLIGHTLY better in the wind and a LITTLE more stable at speed if I fill the front livewells as soon as I get it in the water.

Its not much.....but its prob an additional 60-80 lbs of water and it seems to keep the bow down a little.

Just my $0.02

rariege

Recruit

Thanks for the tipp! I hope to fill the live wells with fish anyway :D
The former owner told me that they pulled skis (adults!) with the boat.
Seams unlikly to me with the 70 horse but I'll try at least tubing.

Any experice with rough water? I would like to put it on lake st. clair.
They get 2-3 foot waves sometimes...

rbstewart

Cadet

Does anybody know where I can locate an owners manual for a 1990 sea nymph 195 gls. I just picked up the boat and would love to get my hands on the book. Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by the owners manual, as this is different for many manufacturers, BUT I do have the wiring manuals/rigging pages sent with these boats. I have just got a 195 ss as a project boat and these were in the glove box. I have rescanned them as they were a bit moldy. I have attached an example of one of the pages. I have reduced the size for the forum, by I can send them to you if you email me. rstewar3@rochester.rr.com

Attachments

• Sea Nymph Instrument Panel wiring sm.jpg
    Sea Nymph Instrument Panel wiring sm.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 7

doubledipper

Recruit

Hello,
I'm very new to the forum. I've noticed your old request for a owners manual for a GLS195. I've been running a 1996 GLS195 for the last 10 years with a Evenrude Ocean Pro 150 and a 15 HP kicker. The boat's been taking me everywhere, mostly Lakes Michigan and Superior.
I have a 1996 owners manual. I don't know if it will do you a lot of good but if you want a copy, let me know.

tdesenfants@att.net

Tom D.
Double Dipper

seanymphpia

Cadet

This isn't directly related to the owner's manual (which I need for my '90 SS 171 also), but I saw a couple of posts about skiing. I ski regularly behind mine (90 hp). I have also skied behind my brother in law's 175 Sidewinder which had a 40 hp Johnson VRO. That took a while to get up (I'm 6' 6" and about 245 lbs!)