Over prop? How to know?

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
No, it was a Carb, nothing to do with FI
lol....we can go back and forth all night.....didn't say it was fuel injected.....
the mixture was electronically controlled.....that means it wasn't just a carb....it had a carb body....it was a crossover...a hybrid.....a mix....
a transition......
ok... the two primary metering rods.....that was pulled from memory 27 years ago, i'm not perfect...
I said it was computer controlled by an ECM ...It is
I said it was still a carb....it is
I said it has a solenoid that controlled mixture....it does...
I said it was considered a hybrid crossover from a standard carb to a throttle body injection.....it is
It has a throttle body........with fuel entry modulated by pulsed metering rods operated by the mixture solenoid ( 10 times a second). Just like a pintle in a modern fuel injector..except vacuum being used instead of fuel pressure...and much more than 10 times a second.....
...it's a hybrid.....

I've got the manual....I rebuilt the carb....back in the day......
5 outa six from memory....not too bad.......
No, it was a Carb, nothing to do with FI
lol....we can go all night.....didn't say it wasn't a carb...didn't say it was fuel injected .....I said it was a hybrid....a crossover.....transitional....partial.....that's MY take on it and MY definition of it.......you can use your own.....i don't care......
quit put'n words in my mouth.....I know what i had and what we car guys back then described it as...

see #2......

Attachments

• F2A876D2-DFF6-44F5-92CC-3839389DE2EE.png
    F2A876D2-DFF6-44F5-92CC-3839389DE2EE.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

walleyehed

Admiral
something else to look at when setting idle is the throt cable.. manual will tell you to make sure it is hitting the end of travel-at the engine. 1/16" off can add 150+ rpm. Verify the tach-#1 mistake made by NOT doing so..