Outboard Motors Corporation

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone want to take a stab at an outboard serial number?
Outboard Motors Corporation 4156-01878
It is a very-old, very small outboard that my Mom got for me at Clear Lake, IA around 1960. It was old then.
Just curious . . . I think I'll make it the mail box post at our house on Table Rock Lake.

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone want to take a stab at an outboard serial number?
Outboard Motors Corporation 4156-01878
It is a very-old, very small outboard that my Mom got for me at Clear Lake, IA around 1960. It was old then.
Just curious . . . I think I'll make it the mail box post at our house on Table Rock Lake.
A stab in the dark, I just googled that it is an Evinrude Sportwin Model 4156, manufactured by Outboard Motors Corporation. & it appears to be a 1936. Thanks for the help!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
post a pic...... some of the johny-rude experts will be along shortly....... like @racerone

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
I will take a picture. This is not it, but like it:

When I was 10-ish, circa 1960, our mom would rent a house on the south shore of Clear Lake, in Iowa, one week in the summer. It was next to Hansen's Marine at PM Park, and my brother and I would hang out with the Hansen boys. I would row a boat out to the middle of the lake and use cut bait for big fish, some too big to get in.

One year Mom gave me that outboard, which she got from Mr. Gerke, who rented us the house. I used it for a few summers and have been dragging it around ever since.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
A stab in the dark, I just googled that it is an Evinrude Sportwin Model 4156, manufactured by Outboard Motors Corporation. & it appears to be a 1936. Thanks for the help!
Yes, its a '36 Sportwin 2.5 HP. Hunn's book is an invaluable resource for the collector. Below is a pic of SN 03339.
PC053589.JPG