our troubled childhood

FLATHEAD

Captain
Re: our troubled childhood

My buddie took 20 dollars from his mom one time and hid it under the window sash on the third floor of the house. When we went to get it he opened the window and the bill flew out and down about 8 feet to the gutter. After much debate we decided that Robert would hang out and we would hold him by the ankles while he retrived the money. A neighbor lady shrieked when she spotted us but we got the money. Had a grand day spending it too, till Robert got home to answer to his dad!!!

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Ever tick tack a house?<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

one more cast

Captain

all i can say is its a wonder i am still alive. I never gave that stuff much thought but reading it makes me say " man, are kids ever dumb" We found a box of blasting caps and fuse in a barn one time and blew up everything in sight. made parachutes out of feed bags and jumped out of hay loft(ouch) dug up bee's nests to see what they looked like. watched the lightning while sitting on a set if drags in the middle of a field.lighter fluid canons...played see who can crank the hay elevator up the highest ( It really hurts when you get hit in the stomach with a crank that is spinning with that much weight because you didn't have the reverse lock on.) :eek: And we played evel kinevel on a daily basis by seeing who could jump their mini bike the highest and farthest. EDIT: I should have spent more time on spelling class.

Link

Rear Admiral

Wow! Memories.. 1st-8th grade stuff<br /><br />Swinging from the tops of trees from one to another.. we called that playing tarzan..<br /><br />Hanging on to the bumper of a car and sliding in the snow.. we called that Hookie-Bobin..<br /><br />Pipe bombs.. we called them home made fire crackers Hey they were small ones<br /><br />We used to make our own black powder and fill empty C02 cartridges and use matches for fuses :eek: Didnt take us long to figure out this wasnt safe. So we asked a couple guys in high school who would only talk to us because we knew morse code and they were hams. They gave us a chunk of a VW transaxle and told us to use a file so make shavings. Then wet some toilet paper and spread the shaving on it and roll it up into a fuse and let it dry.. Worked great! Then one day one of our fire crackers didnt blow up! Instead it took off through the air with black smoke comming out of it.<br />We went back to my room and checked our notes.. Yup both of us had added sulfur... but this was a good thing because now not only could we make black powder but now we had ROCKET FUEL!<br /><br />The very next one was fill at the top with good black powder then the rest with our new found rocket fuel. Placed into a peice of water pipe to point it upwards towards the lake.... went 3-4 hundred feet before exploding :D <br /><br />Kids! :)

brother chris

Commander

Well, one time on the day before halloween, we tipped over a 1980's honda civic right on it's roof. There were 10 of us. Picked it right up and flipped it over. <br />We were so proud of that. We thought it was going to be in the newpapers, but nothing. <br />We wanted recognition, without getting caught.<br />Boy, what stupid things kids do. <br />Hopefully the fellow who owned the car had insurance.

Link

Rear Admiral

Brother Chris<br />You weren't alone.. we once hung a small teachers car from one of the pegs of a telephone poll! ha ha then... but now I wonder about the damage.. we all grow up in our own time :)

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When we were about 13, we heard that a Bic lighter was equal to a half a stick of dynamite if it blew up...so we went out into the woods one fall, and started a little fire out of sticks and a bunch of dried leaves. after the fire got going, we heaped a bunch more leaves on it to make sure it didn't go out, then tossed a Bic onto the heap. We ran about 25 yards and peeked out from behind some trees...waiting....waiting....then we heard this hissing sound...then KA-BOOM! That thing made a fireball about 30 feet around and high!...What we didn't realize while we were congratulating ourselves on such an impressive display of pyrotechnics, was that the fireball had blown burning leaves everywhere in about a 50 foot radius. This had the nasty side effect of starting about a hundred or so small leaf fires in the leaves that were laying around in the woods. Damn near set the woods on fire. The three of us scrambled like madmen, running around, stomping out leaf fires...took us about 10 minutes to put them all out...then of course, we did the sensible thing...we ran like hell out of there.<br /><br />Link...we regularly did the bumper thing in the winter too...called it "bumper-hitching"

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Blacktie reminds me of something similar. Me and a freind were about 5-6 years old. We went into the woods behind our house with a gallonmilk jug full of gas. This place always grew tall grass that just died and layed over leaving about a foot of thick dry grass on the ground. We raked us up some a poured a little gas on it. Lit that baby and boy was she burning good, so good in fact that it started spreading. I was stomping it trying to put it out while my freind just watched. I holllered for him to help me so he THROWS THE GAS JUG ON THE FIRE! Needless to say it got out of hand at that point. We both took off for home and I told my dad about the fire. He called the fire dept and they came and put it out. It burned about 4 acres by the time it was over with. Freinds dad hid him in the house, mine made me go talk to them and apologize for being a dumba$$. I felt so bad. I reckon that I would do the same thing if I was in his shoes but I sure hated it then.