Our president the cowboy and other greats.

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Our president the cowboy and other greats.

Oh, I see, you mean kind of like when someone ask's you to fact check something Rush Limbaugh says? That kind of fit, the one you throw? Do you think it was all right that John Ashcroft never allowed the FBI to look into the gun background check files of the 19 terrorists who murdered 3,000 people, because it would violate the terrorists' second amemdment rights?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Or whatever is left after Sandi Burgler gets done rifling thru them!

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can you believe it? He even stuffed them down his pants to smuggle them out. And you thought the Democrats were different.

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Snapperbait, I'll go with aspeck's response to you (and many thanks to the brave ones who had my back ;) ).<br /><br />I love a great debate and a chance to discuss issues with someone on "the other side" who can give a reasonable and intelligent response to a topic.<br /><br />I am dismayed by the number on the left that take things at face value and rally around them as if God Himself spoke the words (this happens in conservative circles also and I don't have much time for those folks either). <br /><br />Fahrenheit 911 is a prime example of being sheep instead of shepherds. I have been reading reviews of the movie, researching some of the claims and plan on viewing it in full within the next couple of weeks. Once I have seen it, I will then go back and check out Mr. Moore's claims. <br /><br />But most people who have seen the movie either (and this would be the reaction from the left) proclaim it as a revolutionary foray into free speech and all of the facts presented are true. From what I have researched, this is not the case. Then the far right proclaim the entire movie as a collection of lies and left-wing propaganda. I haven't decided if this is true yet and will make the judgement myself.<br /><br />I guess one of the things that prompted my post is that right after 9/11, all of us rallied together. We stood united, one nation, ready to take on the world for the atrocities committed against us. The economy was faltering, things did not look good on September 10. But 9/11 brought us together, all of us realizing what made us great and devoted to maintaining the freedoms that make us strong.<br /><br />We go into Iraq and free a beaten down people (and we have restored that country, I have friends and relatives who have been working there since Saddam's capture)so that they may enjoy freedom as much as possible. At this point the left raised its uninformed, in-your-face distribution of propaganda against the course America was taking. And yes, we need the oil.<br /><br />Now, almost 3 years after 9/11, we as a nation don't sound any different than we did on 9/10/01. We have all become more concerned about our daily lives than the long term goal of making our country (and our children, grandchildren, and their grandchildren) safe from these attacks in the future. We are more interested in pointing fingers and doing whatever it takes to gain power than to stop and think, h.e.l.l, how fast could we get this done if we just quit fighting about it?<br /><br />I have many friends who are serving in the military in Iraq and want them home now. But I also realize that because they are there, I don't worry when I fly, I don't worry when I travel in our country, I strut with pride knowing that I am being defended by people who want to defend me.<br /><br />We need to band together again, keep the current administration, not worry about what the U.N. thinks of us and go out and kick some terrorist butt! <br /><br />I apologize for the size of this soapbox. ;)

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Whaler, where you bin? You talkin' unity here as in the US of A? I thought if the Dems got the office again we'd all be communists. Especially if Kerry gets in with all his decorations from the Vietnam War. If compared to Bushes war record. Why'ed we want a dove like Kerry? He wouldn't fight for nothin' would he? All facetiousness aside, I think you are on the right track. United? States is us. You turkeys think there ain't no dems in the army? They are there they are just respectful & don't speak out in time of war. Go Whaler.

ehenry

Commander

{/QUOTE]I'll take a cowboy over a blue-blooded, traitorous, self-centered,two-faced wanna be French guy any day. [/QB][/quote]<br /><br />His blood aint blue....He just wishes it was. He married in to anything he's got.

ehenry

Commander

"I'll take a cowboy over a blue-blooded, traitorous, self-centered,two-faced wanna be French guy any day."<br /><br />His blood aint blue....He just wishes it was. He married in to anything he's got.

oddjob

Commander

He's just an under educated farm hand that should be out herding cattle
What ever it takes to beat liberalism...he,he!...YEEEEE..HAWWWWWW! :D