Osama Bin Stevens

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Osama Bin Stevens

rogerwa, "Morning Has Broken" was written by Eleanor Farjeon, Cat Stevens mother, he performed it nicely.<br /><br />I'm not as concerned about his donations as his statements concerning Rushdie. If I, as a Christian, said that anyone who questions the words written in red letters in my Bible should be killed I would be guilty of inciting terrorism. If I did that as a Christian, there wouldn't be anyplace I could hide, and there shouldn't be.

rogerwa

Commander

HH interesting bit of information.. The comment about being an infidel is more a comment on some of the twisted logic of the extremists more than it is an indictment on his choice of faith..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I had most of his recordings, and admire his unique talent and style. But sad to say, when he converted to islam, we lost him. I still had some of his stuff when the WTC was attacked, but didn't make a connection to Cat Stevens, until local Muslims were being questioned and arrested for monetary connections to Alqueda. That day, I tossed his blood money out of my truck at 60MPH (I'm glad I didn't get popped for littering, but I was that upset).<br />I still am. "Cat" needs to fixate on one single name, and seek help under that name. He's not well,and hasn't been since the 70's.

PW2

Commander

M&R, I don't at all take the side of those that are against the USA. I always take the side of the US constitution, and the Bill of Rights.<br /><br />Among other things, it suggests that we are innocent until proven guilty.<br /><br />The mob mentality that seems to prevail lately in this country is definitely Anti US, and I am certainly against that.<br /><br />Now if Cat Stevens is a British citizen, we certainly have the right to deny entry to him, but it seems to me that if we had any evidence of his support of terrorists, we would seize his income, at least in this country. To my knowledge, that has not been done. Of course, it requires evidence to do that, which seems to be inconvenient to the current ruling class of this country.<br /><br />If we are to deny entry to him, of course, we probably should not let him get on the plane in the first place.<br /><br />As far as the Rushdie thing, I have no idea of his politics. I like his music. If he is somehow a threat, we should be able to somehow document how and why. Somehow, I doubt if that is the case.

PW2

Commander

Yep, indeed. We should protect and defend the constitution only when it is convenient, and suits our purposes. That is the current American way.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> Yep, indeed. We should protect and defend the constitution only when it is convenient, and suits our purposes. That is the current American way.
Why? I kind of knew you had little use for this country and it's institutions, but had no clue you were willing to stoop this low!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

First of all PW you know as well as I do innocent until proven guilty doesnt mean squat when we are talking terrorists anymore......the ones who flew the planes on 9/11 in your estemation must be innocent since they are now little tiny atoms polluting our air there is no absolute "proof" they are guilty. Cat Bin Laden probably doesnt have any money here in America or you bet your bottom dollar that we (U.S of A.) would have siezed it. We are at war so if you stand agaist us then you are an enemy, He does stand agaisnt us. As for my comment of it always seems like you take the side of those who stand against us, I appologise. I know you you believe in what you post here and I believe you wish nobody in our fine country any harm. But sometimes it seems to me that if your veiw were to spread it would be a very negative thing in the long run.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

So are you in favor of putting all Muslims in America in concentration camps like we did with the Japaneese during WW-II? That's not the answer.<br /><br />Shall we quell everybody that utters a "negative" word about what is going on? That would be McCartyhyism. I hope we learned from that ugly episode. But I see it growing. What I'm hearing more and more is that it is unacceptable to speak ill of what is going on or we "embolden" the terrorists. The day we can't speak our mind is the day the Terrorists have won the war.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Thats not what Im saying, If you are an American you have rights, but theres a fine line between your rights ans destructive behaviour and actions that incite violence against America. Inciting a riot is illegal and inciting or supporting anti-American action should be too.And willy to be honest I pray for muslems all the time....I wish no harm on anybody who wishes no harm on me but, I do think we need to nip the bud if you will.Everybody is entideled to a opinion but we all have to be careful not to harm our country by our actions. We are at war, simple as that. As far as Im concerned a rightious one. If we dont back our troops more than a nessassary amount will die. That is not right. Wether you agreed with it or not, we are neck deep in Iraq........we all need to pull together to win,not fall back.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

As an aside to this brilliant philosophical discussion, I would just point out that this incident was brought about by the appearance of Mr. Islam's name on the "no-fly" list, which is nothing more than a list of names that are prohibited from boarding commercial passenger aircraft flying under U.S. registration or entering the U.S. from a foreign country. United just didn't catch it until after the plane had departed. The same list would have kept him from boarding a domestic flight as well. Suspicion is sufficient, evidence not required.<br /><br />If Yousf Islam were really a terrorist, he would book his trip under an assumed name, like maybe "Dog Stevens" or "Blind Lemon Jefferson."<br /><br />Now I feel much safer than I did before when all we had was the old "security briefing." <br />Remember? <br />1. Did you pack your own bag? <br />2. Has it been out of your possession since? <br />3. Did you receive any mysterious packages?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ohhh <br /> poor cat stevens. I would bet he has no idea of where his charity money goes. most big time millionares use accountants and such and never really know what is going on. he got denied entry, and I think its funny that all he ever preached was peaceful solutions and has always strongly condemed terror tactics. but if we wish to deport terrorists and terror support groups then the CIA buildings will be for rent soon. the CIA started Al-Queada and we called them Freedom Fighters, we trained them at the seal base at dam-neck VA and quantico VA. we did a very very good job I am thinking. but we created it in the late 70's and early 80's in afghanistan in an attempt to block the pesky rooskies from accessing the black sea through Afghanistan. the US has very bloody hands all in the name of oil and of that its hard to be proud. but if he wish's to enter then there are channels of relief he can follow.

Ralph 123

Captain

CIA started Al-Queada and we called them Freedom Fighters
You have no idea what you are talking about. Please provide me with the slightest bit of proof of this assertion. Better yet, go read "Ghost Wars" by Steve Coll Managing Editor of the Washington Post. The book was cited by the 911 Commission as authoritative of this subject.<br /><br />In the book you will learn:<br /><br />Al-Qaeda was funded purely from Arab money - some government, some of UBLs personal money and some from Gulf State Islamic charities. <br /><br />US money put into the Afghan war was all administered and dispersed by the Pakistani government and went to the Afghan tribes. No US government agent ever met or worked with the radical foreign fighters in Afghanistan.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

It's now being reported that the deportion WAS a error due to a misspelling of his name.{Time magazine 9/25/04} Yahoo News via FTG also. If Mr. Cat Stevens was so bad why was he a guest of the White House in May of this year. Also he released a DVD of the 1976 North American Tour that all royalaties are going to help childern in underdeloped contries worldwide. And his last cd box set all royaties went to the 9/11 Victims Fund....sounds like a terroist to me....

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

There's a way, and I know that he had to go away.<br /><br />I know<br /><br /><br />He had to go.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Trouble <br />Oh trouble set me free <br />I have seen your face <br />And it's too much too much for me <br /><br />Trouble <br />Oh trouble can't you see <br />You're eating my heart away <br />And there's nothing much left of me <br /><br />I've drunk your wine <br />You have made your world mine<br />So won't you be fair <br />So won't you be fair <br /><br />I don't want no more of you <br />So won't you be kind to me <br />Just let me go where <br />I'll have to go there <br /><br />Trouble <br />Oh trouble move away <br />I have seen your face <br />and it's too much for me today <br /><br />Trouble <br />Oh trouble can't you see <br />You have made me a wreck <br />Now won't you leave me in my misery <br /><br />I've seen your eyes <br />and I can see death's disguise <br />Hangin' on me <br />Hangin' on me <br /><br />I'm beat, I'm torn <br />Shattered and tossed and worn <br />Too shocking to see <br />Too shocking to see <br /><br />Trouble <br />Oh trouble move from me <br />I have paid my debt <br />Now won't you leave me in my misery <br /><br />Trouble <br />Oh trouble please be kind <br />I don't want no fight <br />And I haven't got a lot of time

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If he was a terrorist, or a supporter of terrorists, then he's not here, and that's good. If there was some mistake, then he had a bad day. Some days are like that for all of us.