Osama Bin Stevens

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
I was watching the CBS news tonight and saw that Yousf Islam {Cat Stevens} was removed from a flight from London to Washington DC that was deverted to Bangor Me. He was deported today because he is a threat to the US. The news said that some of his charaties are funneling money to terriost groups. What really burned me up was Dan Rather saying some of this money might of funded 9/11. I'm telling you I hope Rather is made to eat his words I didn't hear a single word anywhere else about that. Sure Cat Stevens has been contraveral but he is doing what he beilives in and he has done much to help childen in need with his own money. He's made some bad remarks but who has not. I was lucky to see him 2 in 74 and 75 he was one hell of a performer..

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Osama Bin Stevens

If his funds went into the hands of terrorists hes plain and simple scum............I could care less if he was a great performer, those who support terroists should suffer as our innocents have.

Ralph 123

Captain

[moonshadow music] I'm bein' chased by an FBI Agent, FBI Agent, FBI Agent.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> [moonshadow music] I'm bein' chased by an FBI Agent, FBI Agent, FBI Agent.
ROFLMAO!!!!! :D :D :D

PW2

Commander

I agree with you Blu, I've seen him too, and his performance was fabulous. And I still have all his albums.<br /><br />Isn't funding terrorists illegal? Why didn't they let him in the country and charge him with it? Unless, of course, they have no evidence.<br /><br />He is still collecting royalties from his music, I am sure, as you can still purchase his CD's at any music store. Hey, if he is funding terrorist organizations, you think they would want to stop it.<br /><br />I am starting to feel safer though. We have not caught Osama Bin Laden, and terrorists seem to be reproducing like oversexed rabbits in Iraq, but we nailed Cat Stevens, and Martha is reporting to the Big House. <br /><br />I think I can finally venture outside again.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Plywoody will you always take the side of who ever is against the U.S.A. ? If there was no proof Im sure your Left wing biased media would be all over it..........

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Hadn't heard any of his songs on the radio for quite awhile. Until a new station started-up a few years ago. Many exercised Their freedom of speech and threw out his material after he supported offing Rushdie after "The Satanic Verse" came out. Several by starting the song then ripping the needle accross the album ala Johnny Fever when WKRP went from elevator music to rock & roll. That comment is close enough for me to consider him a fanatic and a potential threat. I have no problem with him being turned away.<br /><br />I heard something similar on TV...I'm being followed by an Air Marshall, Air Marshall, Air Marshall. :D

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yousf Islam is known to give money to Islamic "charities" which are known to give their money to terrorism. This puts him in the uncomfortable situation of being considered a potential supporter of terrorists.<br /><br />His comments concerning Rushdie at the time also make him a suspect. I've got no problem with sending him back to where he got on the plane. I liked Cat Stevens, I still have some of his albums (just no turntable to play them on) and play two or three of his songs on the guitar.

oddjob

Commander

eccentric, vengeful, islamic liberal.<br /><br />EVIL

Ralph 123

Captain

Isn't funding terrorists illegal? Why didn't they let him in the country and charge him with it? Unless, of course, they have no evidence.
Maybe because he is a British citizen and the crime was committed in the UK?<br /><br />
A law enforcement official said the United States had information that Islam, who last visited the United States in May, had donated money to the militant Islamic group Hamas.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Officers of a Dallas based charity were indicted for the same thing; "..Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development provided more than $12.4 million to individuals and organizations linked to Hamas from 1995 to 2001." ( msnbc.msn.com)<br /><br />They were giving money to actual orphans who were the children of suicide bombers, which amounts to compensation for terrorism.<br /><br />I'm sure they have no evidence to charge Yousf with a crime, but you don't need evidence to deny entry.

rogerwa

Commander

I do not know about the Rushdie incidient, however, is it possible that he contribute to these charities that he thinks supports muslim causes without knowing that they support terrorism?<br /><br />This would be similar to a Catholic that supports Planned Parenthood without the knowledge that PP supports pro-choice or abortion.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Perhaps old Cat would allow them to use "Peace Train" as backdrop music to the videos of the beheadings of innocents..<br /><br />They should have sent him back to England in a rowboat.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by BLU LUNCH:<br /> I was watching the CBS news ......
Why????? <br /> :confused: :confused: :confused: <br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> [moonshadow music] I'm bein' chased by an FBI Agent, FBI Agent, FBI Agent.
Now that's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny. <br /> :D :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rogerwa:<br /> is it possible that he contribute to these charities that he thinks supports muslim causes without knowing that they support terrorism?<br />
Not at all unlikely, in my opinion. Of course I'm not one who thinks "muslim" is synonymous with "terrorist."<br /><br />Don't forget, Senator Ted Kennedy was denied boarding 5 times by US Airways at Boston Logan airport last spring because the name "T. Kennedy" appears on the no-fly list. (msnbc.msn.com)

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by rogerwa:<br /><br /> ...Of course I'm not one who thinks "muslim" is synonymous with "terrorist...." <br />
Point of order:<br />Something to remember about why people feel that way.<br />Though the vast majority of Muslims aren't terrorists,<br />The vast majority of terrorists are Muslims.

ob

Admiral

Cat Stevens needs to come up with some better tunes than Peacetrain.I'm sick of that song. :p <br />Hey ,I was wondering whether he ever found that hardheaded woman? The one that would just take him for himseeeeeeehhhhhhhlf. :)

rogerwa

Commander

I was surprised to find 'Morning has Broken' in our hymnal at church. A Catholic Church. Somehow does that make him an infidel??

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br />
Originally posted by BLU LUNCH:<br /> I was watching the CBS news ......
Why????? <br /> :confused: :confused: :confused: <br />
ROFLMAO!!!<br /><br />And "Cat" IS E.V.I.L. (also dang funny!, Odjob) :)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Infidel, Gringo, Gentile...different words from different cultures meaning racism.<br /><br />I saw that song in the Lutheran hymnal as well. He is a faithful muslim and uses his money for what he considers as Good. I wish more people were like that. The fact that some of that money goes to what the USA government defines as supporting Terrorism doesn't diminsh his good works. Some of the money you put in the collection plate goes to Missionaries that try to convert people to Christianity. That's kinda frowned upon where there is a strong religious following as this seems like serious interference to them. I don't think Yussef supports terrorism. I think he's as against it as you and I. I don't know what terrorist organization(s) he inadvertently contributed to. Could be a hospital that will treat anyone including terrorists. It's all a matter of your point of view.<br /><br />Gee. Considering my earlier comment, that sounds kinda like a flip-flop doesn't it? Go Kerry!