Organizing Pictures

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Organizing Pictures

Sorry, SBN, wasn't thinking, because I never use it, but if you have Windows XP, it has a CD writing software built in. Mayeb someoen here knows more of how to us it, and you can copy photos to CD with it...but there are LOTS of CD Copy software out there, and lots of it is free...search for it in google<br /><br /> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+cd+copying+software

ndemge

Commander
Re: Organizing Pictures

Cool FB.. had me worried for a sec...<br /><br />SBN... if you actually have 80 gigs of info that want to backup, the most effective way is another Drive. CD's and dvd's are great for when you have less than 10 gigs of stuff. Like my picture archive is now 3 cd's... no big deal to drag and drop into nero and burn a data cd.<br /><br />As for my music collection, it's currently taking 75 gigs. I have no backup of this. Once I have the cash, I'm going to buy a 2nd 80 gig drive, copy everything over to it, and unplug the molex and ide cable.<br />If I were to get a power surge, it is very possible that it would crash my main AND my backup drive if they were both running.<br /><br />Here at work I'm pretty anal about my data backup.<br />I have a server in my office, that gets backed up to my pc and a network share drive in a different part of town. <br /><br />So if my office burns down, the data is still accesable, the stuff can be replaced, the coveted data can not.