Opportunity to obtain a "free" '74 Trojan F-32 Express... BIIG Project

Stinger313

Cadet
Re: Opportunity to obtain a "free" '74 Trojan F-32 Express... BIIG Pro

Those fiberglass trojans make great center console's.A friend of mine converted 2 or 3 of the 25 ft hardtops to center console's.He also owned a boatyard and has more than 30yrs experience restoring boats.

thejeepster02

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It may be worth taking and selling parts off of it to pay for a new boat.<br /><br />im 2 years into a 16 footer that was given to me.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

A guy on the bassbarn got a free 32 Jersey fiberglass boat that sank at the docks ... spent the spring fixing it up and now hes quite happy - getting those diesels dried out cost him a bundle tho<br /><br />but now hes got a twin screw diesel offshore beauty, for the price of a much smaller gas powered jobber - and a few months of elbow grease and Im sure a laundry list of favors owed to his friends and family<br /><br />Granted, these deals dont come along often but you have to weigh the good and bad<br /><br />wood aint good, especially when its got blowaparts, I mean, Nopower, dang it, MOPAR's in it

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've restored four boats so far and I'm working on my fifth. I'm probably crazy enough to try my hand at a sixth, but I wouldn't touch anything that big. One thing I have always looked for in a project boat is that it MUST be complete. Most parts on boats can be repaired/refurished, but missing parts can "hundred dollar" you to the poor house in a hurry. Replacing the steering mechanism on this boat alone, would equal a down payment on a new boat that would have the salesman's mouth watering. I'm glad I dropped in on this post. I had no clue that when you finish one of these project boats you were supposed to enjoy them? Hmmm...I'll have to give this some thought....OK, it's settled. Five seems like a good enough number to me....I'll see ya on the water come spring time!<br /><br />KF<br /> Larson Commander 21'

prowlersfish

Cadet

The trojan 32 is a great boat they do not have a proplem with striger rot as some one said here but you do have to look at deck & top coreing <br />( this goes for a lot of boats ) I bought a 30 foot trojan in the same shape and did not lose any money, I looked at a lot of f 32 and ended up with a f36 trojan ( with twin diesels) great boats , with all that said dont get over your head .