Operation Northwoods

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Operation Northwoods

Yep, and none of that stuff happened because of JF Kennedy. I was old enough to remember that time.<br /><br />mrbscott19, throughout our countrys history there has always been scandals and scams. Nothing different from then til now and it will continue. Then the stuff you get from the news media is stuff writtern just to get everyones blood pressure up. I have just about quit watching the news all together because of it.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I guess the system worked like our eeeeeeeeevil white Founding Fathers envisioned. Pretty good, eh MrScott. It's worthy of rejoicing not finger pointing.

Ralph 123

Captain

I once wrote a "blue sky" plan about buying a really big NYSE listed company...<br /><br />Memos and "blue sky" plans aren't worth the paper they are written on. What matters are actions (i.e., plans made into policy and acted upon). <br /><br />See, if we had done something about Cuba right away, we may never have come so close to an all out thermo nuclear war when we did. We were lucky the Soviets backed down when we quarantined Cuba or we might all be dead or never born...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

IF the liberal media knew just one half of U.S. inteligence ops, Scott would pass out from fright. So would Danny Blather. Too bad, so sad, it's still classified . Please, Dan...Try to break-into the Pentegon and attempt to steal documentation, so the MP's can remove you.<br />I support our troops and my country."Let's roll"!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Couple of things,<br /><br />12Footer you have won the best current avatar award. Very cool and fitting of the site. Where do you all find these things?<br /><br />Whats the big deal? Covert ops came up with clandestine plan to force intervention in Cuba. Its 40 years old and it wasn't implemented. Probably be better off if it were but sobeit. <br /><br />I am not a big fan of the public knowing everything as it tends to muck up foreign policy with armchair embassadors. You know, like John F. Kerry going to France negotiating with communists without the authority to do so. It is not like they bombed an asprin factory in another country for personal gain or anything.<br /><br />The thought of a communist country having a launching pad 90 miles off our coast might breed some strange and drastic "Idea's". Today we might embrace the commie's in our quest for diversity and campaign funds.<br /><br />If you need additional documents maybe you can get Sandy Burgler to strap on some tube socks and his special boxers and go for a stroll.<br /><br />A whole lot to do about nothing from 40yrs ago. File this one in the who gives a hoot file and move on.

Ralph 123

Captain

Pointer - the Sandy line had me laughing so hard my sides hurt!

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

It was the intelligence communities fault, not the presidents ideology. (Harry S Truman,' The buck stops here".)<br /> G.W.says "I had bad Intelligence". Not my fault.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I wasn't finger pointing or anything like that. It just amazes me that all it would have taken is a simple "ok" from JFK for all of that to happen, and that was 40 years ago. Things are much more corrupt nowadays. Who would have imagined that the US government would even think of blowing up our own ships and airliners, just to start a war to overthrow someone we didn't approve of. Perposterous!<br /><br />Maybe this time around, someone said "ok". :eek:

SCO

Lieutenant

Trust me on this one grasshopper, you are picking daiseys in left field. And actually, we were more corrupt then than now due to the watergate fiasco and Vietnam increasing public awarnes. In the old days, they would use the unsuspecting populus as guinea pigs.

KaGee

Admiral

Ralph....<br /><br />Is that a tube sock in your pocket... or are you walking off with more classified documents??<br /><br /> :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

if this seems unique to you, you should study more<br />history... start with Ben Franklin and the french<br />at the begining of rev. war.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

You know it's rather interesting how this is being talked about now. At this point in time. Sorry Mrscott. These terrorist have been active for over 20 years now.

Ralph 123

Captain

Things are much more corrupt nowadays. Who would have imagined that the US government would even think of blowing up our own ships and airliners
I guess you haven't studied the Spanish-American war (Remember the Maine!) or Vietnam (Gulf of Tonkin). Both wars "started" over attacks on US ships that never really happened. When a nation feels it is in its interest to go to war, any excuse will do. Just remember, we almost got nuked becuase we didn't invade Cuba while we had the chance...<br /><br />
15 February 1898<br />U.S.S. Maine explodes in Havana Harbor.
30-Year Anniversary: Tonkin Gulf Lie Launched Vietnam War<br /><br />"American Planes Hit North Vietnam After Second Attack on Our Destroyers; Move Taken to Halt New Aggression", announced a Washington Post headline on Aug. 5, 1964.

SCO

Lieutenant

Ralph, I don't know if you are getting this, and I will concede appropriately if I am misreading this, but Mr. Scott really does think that W was part of a conspiracy to blow up our own WTC, Pentagon, and airplanes.

Ralph 123

Captain

Ya SCO, I get that sense. I just hope he has an open mind and can be educated :)

woodrat

Ensign

"When a nation feels it is in its interest to go to war, any excuse will do."<br /><br />EXACTLY.<br /><br />Quotes:<br /><br /> "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our Number one priority and we will not rest until we find him!"<br /><br />- President Bush, September 13, 2001<br /><br />"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."<br /><br />- President Bush, March 13, 2002<br /><br /><br />"What good fortune for those in power that the people do not think."<br />--Adolf Hitler<br /><br /><br />"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders . . . All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism."<br />-HERMANN GOERING, Nazi Gestapo<br /><br /><br />"It is the absolute right of the State to supervise the formation of public opinion."<br />-Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propoganda for the third reich<br /><br /><br />"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."<br />--Josef Stalin<br /><br /><br />"It also gives us a very special, secret pleasure to see how unaware the people around us are of what is really happening to them. "<br />-Adolf Hitler

SCO

Lieutenant

Woodrat, the problem here is that you can never believe in legitimacy of the government and leaders. What if the government really is attacked and needs to respond? How does a kneejerk and automatically suspect jaded and critical view by the populus accommodate that need??

SCO

Lieutenant

How can anyone really know anything? When a kid, I wondered once if what I saw and called "red" was really the same color others saw. For example, they might see what I call "red" as green, but know that color by the name of "red" also. This has been a conspiracy thought for the day.