FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1971 Glastron V-176 Swinger that I plan on converting to a center console for fishing. Would love to see pics of similarly styled tri-hull, 16’-18’, completed projects
Yeah they pound, but the stability is unmatched for what it is. Im in northeast Ohio, and there are a bunch of inland lakes that it is perfect for. Even Lake Erie on a calm day. For storage and fishability, going with a center console seems best.
Yeah they pound, but the stability is unmatched for what it is. Im in northeast Ohio, and there are a bunch of inland lakes that it is perfect for. Even Lake Erie on a calm day. For storage and fishability, going with a center console seems best.
I have a 20’ Mckee Craft that I use offshore. Its great. This is just a hobby for me. I like to make things new again. I know I could go buy such-and-such, but Im more interested in modding.
The stringers, transom and deck repair would be similar to most runabout rebuilds. The problems you may run into is when you remove the drivers side and passenger side consoles, which are molded to the cap and provide lateral support for the gunnels. You would probably have to do significant cosmetic glass work after cutting out the consoles and front seating. Braces along the hull sides, doubling as rod holders might do the trick there.