Ooops!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ooops!

Ryan, I believe the trailer speed limit applies to all trailers. But I got the info from an area dedicated to boating laws.<br /><br />I would have gotten the info from the MA DOT site, if they had made the info a little easier to find.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Ryan. I do not want to see the driving age raised. I want more driving skill taught to kids. I have teenagers in the home. I don't like being interrupted while working on a project to run them places. I also remember how it was when I was a teenager. I was really happy to have a drivers license.<br /><br />As for being perfect. No one is. However, everyone hates the fact that I become very concious of the speed limit and other laws. The person wanting me to speed up will not be paying for my, ticket, raised insurance, or theropy bill if I accidently kill someone.<br /><br />They want to increase their blood pressure, that's their business. I feel the road is there for all of us. It is not my private "auto bond" to max out the RPMs on my vehicle.<br /><br />In IN where I drive through to get to MI to visit family there are signs about only using the right hand lane for passing. I obey those signs. In Ohio, I have yet to see them except in certain locations like toll roads.<br /><br />My advice would be to calm down and enjoy your drive.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Roscoe- Your link provides incorrect information. According to the TDPS which is available at Texas DPS in chapter 8 it tells you that at daytime you may travel 70 with a trailer, 65 at night.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm pretty sure that in CA, you may be cited for obstructing traffic, even if you are traveling the speed limit in the leftmost lane, if the general flow of traffic is faster. Of course, the CHP has the option to cite every other driver as well for exceeding the speed limit. <br /><br />When CA's speed limits were increased from 55 to 65 (and 70 in some spots), some drivers didn't realize that the MINIMUM speed limit was also increased. Minimum SL is alway 10 MPH less than MAX SL.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Kenneth, I actually found 3 different speed limits listed for TX, 55, 60, and 65mph, but none that said 70mph. Oh well. <br /><br />I have also found that the training manuals are not kept up to date with the current laws, and certainly there are many many things posted on the internet that are not kept up to date.<br /><br />I tend to put a little more faith in info that contains a copyright or publishing date, or a date when it was last updated. But most websites don't do that either, and nothing on the internet is guarranteed. :( <br /><br />It would be interesting to know if this TX law has been changed or recinded:<br />
D) 60 MPH during the daytime on highways that are outside of an urban district for trucks (e.g., truck tractor, trailer or semitrailer) and for vehicles towing either a trailer, semitrailer, another motor vehicle or towable recreational vehicle. Tran. Code §545.352(b)(5)(C)<br /><br />
Sounds like the "and for vehicles towing a trailer," line, would cover a car pulling a boat.<br /><br />So I guess the lesson learned here is, call the local or state authorities and get the current info, as nothing on the internet can be taken as 100% truth.