Ooops, We Made a Mistake!

SCO

Lieutenant
Re: Ooops, We Made a Mistake!

Ok Woodrat. I was reading in a little, thinking you might be saying that we repubs would be avoiding the truth of the situation by jumping on the discrepancies. I also linked your response to be similar to D Rathers who said the important thing was the facts of his service. With that attitude you can see how he could and may have rationalized shoddy reporting and fact finding and even turning a blind eye to false documents in order to focus attention on the issue itself. Glad to have you onboard.

SCO

Lieutenant

Have you all forgotton that BC himself(prior to quad bypass) was floating the idea to change presidential election eligibility, which would allow him to run again? Frankly, I don't want Arnold to be able to run, only US born and raised.

woodrat

Ensign

No I had not forgotten that Bill wanted a third term. Everyone who gets in there seems to think they are entitled to rule for life. The fact that the "dems do it too" hardly makes it a good thing. <br /><br />I think the idea of amending the constitution to allow one particular individual to run for prez is reprehensible, no matter what party affiliations are involved. That document should be taken a little more seriously than that, don't you think?

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> No I had not forgotten that Bill wanted a third term. Everyone who gets in there seems to think they are entitled to rule for life. The fact that the "dems do it too" hardly makes it a good thing. <br /><br />I think the idea of amending the constitution to allow one particular individual to run for prez is reprehensible, no matter what party affiliations are involved. That document should be taken a little more seriously than that, don't you think?
Strange indeed, but I find myself agreeing with you 100% on these points, woodrat. Never thought I'd see the day!<br /><br /><br />-dd-

SCO

Lieutenant

Also agreed. Mucking with the basic framework should be a very rare case indeed, which is why I don't even need to entertain arguments for repeal of the 2nd ammendment.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Basically i could care less if true or false!!!<br /><br /><br />My question is: If false why wouldn't Bush come forward and say so??? Makes him look bad!!!! ;) :cool:

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Ever hear the phrase, "Methinks thou dost protest too much"?

Ralph 123

Captain

My question is: If false why wouldn't Bush come forward and say so??? Makes him look bad!!
These documents were alleged to have come from his commander's PRIVATE files. Bush has no way of knowing if the guy wrote memos about being "pressured to sugar coat" and put them in his PRIVATE, UNOFFICIAL files. All he can say is what he has said all along. No special help. I did my time and got an honaorable. End of story.<br /><br />It's like me saying your boss wrote a nasty memo about you that you never saw and that he never distributed and now 35-years later you have to defend yourself. Prove they are untrue. That's lunacy!<br /><br />SCO - great article by Safire. That is a shot between the eyes...

gaugeguy

Captain

I "made" time to check out CBS news last night to see what Dan Rather would say about this...CBS is actually sticking to their story that the documents are authentic. Dan Rather is an idiot, and he is digging his own grave. He is the laughing stock of every newsroom in the USA. The best part about it is that it is harpooning the Kerry campaign.<br /><br />This is a guy that treated Saddam like he was one of his heros...<br /><br />Save face and step down Dan, you moron.

Ralph 123

Captain

I love it Gauge... tell it like it is...<br /><br />I heard Bernard Goldberg today. He is the ex-CBS Sr. guy who wrote the recent books about media bias. Anyway, he said, how ironic that Dan helped bring down Nixon for stonewalling and now he has become Nixon - stonewalling in the face of mountains of evidence these documents are fakes (and bad ones at that).

gaugeguy

Captain

I think Dan has serious issues with the Bush family. If I remember correctly, the elder Bush blew him out of the water on national TV during a live interview after Dan was absent from the set for over 5 minutes whining about something.<br /><br />So I think Dan would to anything, even use documents written in crayon to discredit GWB.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Ralph,<br /><br />Nice to see you are back, missed your posts and your wit.

KaGee

Admiral

Remember guys.... It's not the nature of the evidence... it's the seriousness of the charge.<br />Unless the charged is a Liberal Democrat, which case... Innocent until Proven Guilty!!

gaugeguy

Captain

That is what is so infuriating KaGee, if these charges were made against Kerry, Rather would have made sure the documents were authentic and that every i was dotted and t was crossed. In his fervor to burn W, he just brought the story to press without checking anything...what a tool :mad:

ob

Admiral

So what are the charges? I'm unclear on the entire issue.That someone did GW's dad a favor and kept his son out of the Army before his number was up and allowed him to enter the Guard instead of running to Canada and joining a commune until amnesty could be granted?That he failed to show up for a physical on time and was repremanded? That he failed to lace his boots right over left as worn? I need some clarity. My heel hurts today.

SCO

Lieutenant

That's a good point OB. Is this all they've got??? We already know or suspect that he got a special deal getting into the guard. That probably sits poorly with the vets especially, and I reference Ralphs take on that from this thread:<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=006136 <br />. This is all about keeping this negative front and center for as long as possible. Thats the job of a special interest group or the DNC, not the mainstream media.

woodrat

Ensign

Unless one assumes that the kerry people and their friends in the media are suicidally stupid, why would they not have done a better job checking these things out? Surely they knew that the repubs would crawl all over them with a microscope? Why would they go big-time with something so easily and quickly discredited? I don't think we're getting the whole story here. Where did these docs come from if they're fakes? Who faked them?<br /><br />And for the record, all you suspicious types still waiting to nail me as a secret democrat, I always thought it was pretty lame that ken starr and the gang, after all that time and money spent, could only find lies about a sexual affair to go after bill with. There was plenty of really creepy stuff floating around out there, and they brought none of it to the table, just the blow job. I think the reason why is that the really creepy stuff would have slopped over onto some of their own people as well.

SCO

Lieutenant

How about BC denigrating the office, role modeling to kids, lying under oath, wagging his finger at us, risking the National Security for this kind of stupidity??? That's bad enough isn't it? <br /><br />I also think there may be more to this, but so far it looks like "the kerry people and their friends in the media are suicidally stupid". ;) To take PW2's meaning from another thread out of context, it could be that they are grabbing at any branch as they slide off the cliff.

Ralph 123

Captain

The assumed the old rules of blind trust to the alter of the MSM was still in place. In short, they thought they could get away with it w/o being questioned. They have not yet grasped the true power of the people and their new tool, the Internet. It is a brave new world...

gaugeguy

Captain

I don't think these documents came from the DNC or the Kerry campaign. I think they came from the Clintons to torpedo the Kerry white house effort so Hillary will be able to run in '08.<br /><br />How's that for a conspiracy theory ;)