Online dating

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Online dating

Fortunately don't need to be looking. Wonderful wife of 16 years, and wouldn't change a thing. Woohoooo!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

most the single females that are my age in this areaa are either chemicaly dependant or need to be.
I can't even laugh at that.. It's waaaay tooooo true... :( plus, the extra baggage (kids)....<br /><br />Online dating?.. No thanks.. Seen what friends have found online... :eek: Heck.. My best bud found Satan online.. Married her too.... :D

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I met my wife online on Christmas day 1998. We've been together ever since. It helped that we only lived a few miles part.

Link

Rear Admiral

I wouldnt want to be looking. But for the most part. Not getting into the (Dark side) You can pretty much get to know people before meeting. Just like here on iboats. Years ago I used to chat a lot on mIRC and now every time we go to BC we hook up with about a dozen people in or near Vancouver Usually (Surrey) All of which I chatted with for a year or two before meeting. Just people with like interests. <br />Maybe I'm a little more open about this because being Ham operaters Mrs.Link and I are always meeting people when traveling that we have only talked to before.<br />Agree on the bar thing. <br />Congrats guys<br />Hmmm if you have children and any of them going to be named @.com ;)

brother chris

Commander

See, it does work. I know of a couple couples who met online and are either married or are a couple. <br />There are freaks out there, lots of them, but if you are into meeting people for possible relationships, just be careful of what site your are a member on. <br />I am going out tomorrow with the one I met online. We are either going to a comedy club or taking a day cruise on a local ship. It should be fun.

NathanY

Commander

Met my wife on AOL chat room. Talked on phone for a month, lived together fo 6 months, got married June 20, 1999.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I did it. We were together for three years, and it fizzled. It isn't a horrible concept, I don't see it as any less viable than meeting someone in a store or at the gym or anything else. As long as everyone involved is being honest and not sending you pics of them when they were in highschool, it is fine. You just have to be real careful. When we met, we met at a restaurant, and things went from there. We ended up living together. It disolved mainly because she wanted to move to another part of the country and I did not. We could not find a way to come to a compromise, which told us that the relationship was obviously not strong or important enough to overcome that obstacle. <br /><br />For all who had had success in the world of cyberdating, I wish the best. It is increasingly difficult to meet anyone decent anymore. I am fortunate, my wife and I met through friends, did it all the old school, conventional way, and all has been good.